We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
warehouse associate/delivery driver
5812 100th ST SW Lakewood, Washington 98499
Responsible for delivering superior customer service for orders requiring direct/desktop delivery Duties are performed in a productive, time sensitive and accurate manner. Recommend new products to customers. Support the daily operations of web fulfillment and our store operations to meet the ongoing supply needs of customers.
- Must have a good rapport with customers
- Create goodwill for the store
- Identify and build key relationships and customer loyalty
- Identify current and future customer requirements; establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Up-sell, engage customers in conversations about their requirements and how we can help them.
- Address customer needs, special requirements or complaints in a timely manner
- Maintain awareness of products and their intended use
- Receive, inspect, and verify inventory
- Label and prepare merchandise for sale
- Load and unload truck
- Sort freight, load truck and verify packages against shipping documents
- Deliver merchandise to customer in a prompt, safe, business-like manner with top priority
given to the customer’ s needs.
- Next day delivery is expected
- Obtain Proof of Delivery (POD) for each order delivered, must assure name is printed and legible
- Assures vehicle is loaded safely; protecting product from transit damage, securing with straps if needed
- Never leave truck unsecured when stepping away
- Confirm delivery address; may schedule appointment with customer
- Responsible for pick-up merchandise, complete proper paper work, gather signatures, and receipts
- Processes and/or tracks orders according to store procedure
- When delivering product, look around for competitors brands. Find ways to add value to the customer.
- Operates moving equipment; Pallet Jack, Fork Lift, Hand Truck etc.
- May support warehouse operations
- May unload freight carriers if needed
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections daily
- Vehicles and all associated equipment should be maintained in proper working condition at all times
- Report any vehicle damage, non-working equipment and equipment in need of repair
- Responsible for the vehicle and its contents
- Operate vehicle in a safe, lawful, and courteous manner
- All beverages must have a lid
- Non-delivered orders shall be removed from the truck and secured in the building until delivery.
- Maintains building security; ensuring all exit points are locked
- Complies with all motor vehicle along with all company policies (i.e. smoking, eating, and cell phone)
- Complies with safety requirements
- Complies with federal and local legal requirements
- Complies with base rules and contractual requirements
- Complies with all LH and store policy and procedures
- Solicit opportunities to generate sales/revenue
- Update management on delivery performance, staffing/operational issues, customer concerns, etc.
- Submit request for supplies, equipment, etc. to management for approval
- Maintain a clean/safe work area, warehouse and vehicle
- Engage in base/installation community; gain insight and information on upcoming events that may impact BSC business/sales
Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum Requirements Education:
- High School Diploma
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience of delivery driver, sales worker or general warehouse
- Must have a valid state driver' s license with an insurable driving record
- A clean driving record must be maintained to continue employment
- Ability to type thirty (30) WPM
- Fork Lift certification a plus
- Communicate in a pleasant, polite, and professional manner with customers as well as co-workers
- Ability to use effective communication tactics for diverse situations
- Answer routine customer questions or direct them to the appropriate person for resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication; clear and fluent English
- Proficient with math, MS Office products and able to use computer to process orders, print documents, shipping labels, and other work related items
- Maintain professionalism (Dress, Appearance, Manners)
- Always treat customers with respect, report all customer complaints
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs using safe lifting technics throughout shift
- Working on concrete floors that may be uneven
- Standing, stooping, bending, stretching throughout shift
- Must be able to safely use warehouse equipment, climb ladders and unload delivery vehicles
- Temperature fluctuates hot/cold l