We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Yard Manager/Assistant Operations Manager
3155 Kanz Ct Ne Salem, Oregon 97301
Do you enjoy not being chained to a desk all day?
Do you find yourself just as comfortable leading a team in the yard as you are running meetings with Executives?
Do you thrive in a company that lives by their values?
My customer is a well-established and local metal manufacturing facility that is looking for a well-rounded Industrial Yard Manager/Assistant Operations Manager. They are looking for someone who is comfortable working out in the yard alongside the workers but is also comfortable holding a meeting with an executive manager.
- Direct, coordinate, plan and monitor safety, security, production, quality control, environmental, transportation and special projects in the ferrous and non-ferrous departments.
- Coordinating environmental issues pertaining to the ferrous/non-ferrous departments with the Operations Manager.
- Implement innovative programs to increase efficiency and cost reduction where ever possible. Interact with local office staff (Executive Director/GM to Administrative Assistants) on HR, AP and purchasing issues in the ferrous and non-ferrous departments. Troubleshoot all internal office problems that pertain to HR, AP and external problems that may occur in the ferrous and non-ferrous operations.
- Facilitate disciplinary procedures as necessary with HR.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibility for the management of approximately 10-12 hourly employees operating approximately 8-10 hours/day, 6 days/week.
If you think you have what it takes please apply with your updated resume.