Yard Hand / General Laborer
3601 C St. Suite 1220 Anchorage, AK 99501 US
Opening: Yard Hand / General Laborer
City: Anchorage, AK
$18.00 - $20.00 PH DOE
WHO THEY ARE:
A nationwide construction supply company with deep roots in Alaska. With locations across the state they pride themselves on supplying supplies for someone for Alaska largest and smallest construction projects.
They are looking for both seasonal and permanent employees to help them get through their busy season.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Handle and transport materials (e.g. lumber, sheetrock, etc.) and equipment (e.g. drills and grinders)
- Clean up worksites from hazardous or obsolete material
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labor tasks (e.g. loading/unloading, stacking up goods)
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
$18.00 - $20.00 PH DOE
Steady work through the season
Opportunity for permanent placement with the company at end of season depending on performance and company needs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 100 pounds etc.)
- Appropriate work gear (e.g. steel toed boots, work pants, gloves, etc.)
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Familiarity with power tools and machinery is a plus
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Commitment to safety rules
Just hit the “Apply” button above and you’re half-way home!
Or, send your resume to [email protected] or call 907-222-7004 and we’ll set up a time to meet!
Opti Staffing is the recruiting partner for some of the country’s leading companies—offering hiring solutions you can’t find anywhere else.
We have employment agencies in Seattle, Tacoma, Portland, Anchorage, Lake Oswego, and Vancouver filling the most sought-after job vacancies with the most qualified candidates.
Our recruiters will take the time to get to know you, understand what you’re looking for in a job and then present job opportunities that are a good fit for your skills and experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hi! I am a lifelong Alaskan of 31 years and enjoy spending time with my little family of three. Like most Alaskan’s we like spending time outside going for walks, camping, or just spending a warm day at the lake. Working with Opti for the past almost 7 years has been amazing. I started my career with Opti as an Executive Recruiter specializing in permanent staffing at mid, upper, and executive levels. I loved that I had such an impact on candidates' lives and the Anchorage community. Since then, I have moved into a leadership role and can say it is equally rewarding. I still get to work with candidates and companies in the area, but I also get to teach and develop new recruiters to do the same thing. The Anchorage team is like a second family for me, and (though I may be a bit biased) I can say I have never seen a more dedicated and hard-working team.