4201 NE Minnehaha Street Vancouver, WA 98661 US
OPENING: Welder/ Fitter
Pay: $25/hr - $31/hr
- 7:30am – 4pm
- 4pm – 12:30am
City: Vancouver, WA
WHO WE ARE: My Client is based in West Vancouver and has been providing custom steel fabrication and painting since 2000. The work on a verity of different structural projects and provide many exotic paint options.
WHAT YOU’LL DO: As a Welder/ Fabricator you will fabricating structural. You are also performing lay out, positioning, aligning and fitting structural materials & parts in accordance to blueprint and layout specifications.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Negotiable Pay starting at $25/hr based on experience
- 401K, Benefits and Vacation after probation period
- Available openings for both day and swing, opportunity for overtime
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
Perform job tasks keeping safety first.
• Must be certified or able to pass 3G FCAW weld test to AWS standards.
• Minimum of 3-6 years on the job experience in a structural shop as a Fitter
• Knowledgeable in type sizes and grades of materials, ASTM plate and shape "Standard Mill Practice".
• Ability to interpret blueprints.
• Knowledgeable in crane operations and rigging of structural steel and operation of most plant equipment.
• Familiar with craftsmanship criteria set forth in AWS D1.1 and D1.5-2010.
• Knowledgeable of AISC and AWS standards and workmanship.
• Able to read and interpret complicated shop drawings, shop detailed sketches and cut lists.
• Proficient at shop math and applicable geometry.
• Knowledgeable regarding angles, slopes, bevels, diameters and radiuses.
• Knowledgeable of AISC "Welded Joint Standard Symbols" as defined AISC 9th Edition.
• Willing to be flexible with work hours, departments, and schedules.
• Must be reliable, trustworthy and a team player.
• Self-assess work and use good judgment to ensure that finished product meets quality requirements.
• Strong work ethic and strong attention to detail.
• Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations
• Able to perform with minimal supervision.
NEXT STEPS: Send your resume to KKanooth@optistaffing.com or call (360) 533-7222 to set up a time to interview!
Meet Your Recruiter
Skilled Trades Recruiter
My name is Kyle, I am a local to the pacific northwest, as such I love the outdoors, spending my time fishing and snowboarding. Fired up about the impact I get to make here at Opti in the community with my team.