We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
13317 Ash Way Everett, WA 98204
The Fitter/Welder is responsible for fitting and welding steel and aluminum products using MIG and/or TIG welding techniques in conformance to shop drawings. He/she is to read and interpret shop drawings, position parts, examine connections for correct fit, and weld.
- Weld components in flat and vertical positions using MIG and/or TIG welders
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Conform to shop workflow for maximum efficiency
- Seek to improve/suggest fabrication techniques/tools to improve quality, efficiency, and safety
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Extensive metal fabrication experience
- Experience welding carbon steel and aluminum required; experience welding stainless preferred
- Extensive experience using a MIG welder required (Gas Metal Arc Welding); TIG welding preferred
- WABO Certification preferred
- Able to read, understand and evaluate shop drawings
- Precision and attention to detail
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- Self-directed and able to complete work with limited supervision
- Takes ownership and responsibility
- Consistently delivers on commitments
- Teachable; able to follow instructions
- Mindset of continual improvement – always seeking to learn and improve
- Hardworking, trustworthy, humble