We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
7600 NE 47th Ave Vancouver, WA 98661
OPENING: Welder/ Fabricator
City: Vancouver, WA
WHO WE ARE: Our company is 20 years young and we are growing! We are looking for those dynamic individuals who want to be a part of a fast, yet fun team. We are known for providing custom pump products from design, to fabrication, to the final assembly, that meet AND exceed our customer’ s expectations.
WHAT YOU’ LL DO: As an Welder/ Fabricator you will be MIG welding various parts and fabricating parts for the manufacturing of mid to large custom made-to-order pumps.
WHAT’ S IN IT FOR YOU
- Day shift: 6am to 2pm
- $18 - $22/hr
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Measure and mark work pieces using straight edges, rules, and calipers
- Cut and prep metal components using plasma cutters, portable grinders, lathe, and milling machines
- Read and interpret blueprints and production drawings in order to lay out a welding project
- Carry out welding according to set dimensions to meet specified test requirements
- Conduct tolerance tests to assess weld quality and conformance to specification
- Good knowledge of the mechanics, cleaning and maintenance of welding equipment
- Bore holes through metal workpieces using drill press
- Weld materials in flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions
- Adjust gas gauges to set the flow rate of shield gas
- Use measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers to inspect angles, grooves or gap allowances
- Apply knowledge of metallurgy and geometry in selecting welding equipment and configuration
- Ensure that all components are produced efficiently, utmost quality, and are consistent with company established goals for quality and customer order on-time performance (including reporting defective or questionable material/products/conditions to management).
- Complete required job paperwork/documentation
- Maintain a safe work environment for self and others when operating equipment and/or performing job functions
- This job description may change from time to time to address the needs of the company and/or customer(s).
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent and at least 18 years of age.
- Critical thinking and strong attention to detail, willing to assume responsibility for work produced and receive training and criticism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/Vista/10
- Self-motivated and able to manage time effectively
- Ability to read and understand job related paperwork – to include mathematical skills
- Able to work in both a warehouse and outdoor environment within various weather conditions
- WE ARE WILLING TO TRAIN THE RIGHT PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE VERIFIABLE BASIC MIG WELDING EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING!
· 2 years of MIG welding experience
NEXT STEPS: Send your resume to [email protected] or call 541.638.0539 to set up a time to interview!