We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Welder - Day Shift
3740 Nw Aloclek Place Hillsboro, OR 97124
Welder – Day Shift
Our Client is an advanced technology manufacturing company supporting the high tech, medical, consumer products, and aerospace industries. Our Client leverages technology to provide services that few other companies can provide. In addition, their 24 hour a day/5 day per week manufacturing facilities and focus on continuous improvement supports their ability to deliver the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction. Due to increased weld demand, we have immediate openings for Experienced Welders on the Day Shift. This position involves safety setting up and operating welders to weld assemblies and sub-assemblies from steel, stainless steel, and aluminum using MIG and TIG welding processes.
Day Shift: M-F 7: 00 AM to 3: 30 PM
Daily tasks include:
- Safely setting up and operating our welders to fabricate assemblies to customers drawings and specifications.
- Inspecting parts using common tools such as tape measures, calipers, height gauges and protractors.
- Communicating with leadership about process problems and solutions.
- Working within a defined process to meet quality and time standards using existing work instructions.
- Follow and update production control three times throughout your shift or when job status changes.
- Continually working to refine processes to improve quality and reduce cycle times.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have leadership experience and/or training.
- Have formal training beyond high school.
- Are AWS certified.
- Applicants will be required to pass a welding test
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have good computer skills.
- Are able to routinely handle objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Can stand and move for an entire shift.
- Can read engineering drawings
- Have training in lean manufacturing concepts and understand the benefits.
Welders are expected to quickly learn our quality system and become certified to inspect their own work.
Our Client offers a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and 401(k).