We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Warehouse/Shipping and Receiving Lead
1313 South 96Th Street Seatttle, WA 98108
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
- This position includes but is not limited to ownership and accountability for the shipping, receiving, and inventory control functions in our Seattle facility.
- Report to the Operations Manager
- Works closely with the Service Department (Manager, Sales, and Shop Foreman)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. This job does require driving company trucks so a clean driving record is required without exception. This job also requires a pre-employment background check, driving check, and drug test.
- Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Preferred: Associates degree, Technical school, or previous experience with warehouse operations and management.
One year direct experience in working in a warehouse environment
- High enthusiasm, energy, and initiative
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Quality conscious and interested in improvement techniques and teamwork
Oversees the shipping, receiving, routing and verification of all equipment and parts passing through the facility. Maintains, updates and verifies accuracy of shipping documentation. Ensures processing and forwarding of merchandise. Prepares merchandise to be delivered to customers, staged for internal processing, and returned to suppliers. Handles all claims and queries with suppliers, freight companies and customs brokers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate via email and phone, and complete paperwork to professional standards
- Oversees all shipping and receiving for a warehouse shared by three companies
- Prepares and verifies documents related to activities of the shipping department. Forwards to appropriate departments for processing
- Verifies all incoming shipments for correct waybill information and visible damage
- Arranges for best method of transport. Ensures shipping documents are complete
- Communicates and follows up on discrepancies with suppliers, carriers, customs brokers
- Communicates with others to ensure shipping related problems are resolved
- Ensures that merchandise is processed and forwarded to appropriate shelf/area
- Prepares and processes merchandise to be returned to suppliers or delivered to customers
- Identifies and present plans to improve warehouse operations of the area
- Organizes inventory and transfer of stock within the unit
- Uses various equipment such as a computer terminal, personal computer, printer, photocopier, fax machine, and calculator
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for two thirds or more of a shift. He/she may also be required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time while completing other duties and responsibilities.
- The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of his/her hands and fingers to handle, feel and operate objects such as machines and computer equipment. The ability to bend the body, to reach for objects, and to crouch when needed is also required.
- The employee must have the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds to chest height
- This position will be primarily working indoors on the shop floor in varied temperature conditions. Noise level will vary from moderate conditions to noisy where ear plugs should be worn.
- Safety glasses and shoes are required in all areas on the shop floor