We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
4385 S. 133Rd St. Seattle, WA 98168
Valve Technician / Welder
The Valve Technician / welder will perform hands on maintenance, troubleshooting / assessment, welding, and repair work on valves, actuators, pumps, etc. based on the associated skill level traveling to / from customer sites and / or other company locations.
Primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform welding and other support operations on individual components of valves, pumps, turbines, and other industrial equipment.
• Support management of local welding program.
• Perform hands-on workshop and / or on-site disassembly, inspection, reporting, cleaning, and reassembly of valves and actuators. Machine material and / or parts with various machining equipment.
• Ensure work and used materials are in compliance with manufacturer specifications.
• Read and interpret schematics for assembly, repair, and reassembly as required including completion of applicable quality documentation in either paper or electronic form.
• Perform failure assessments and make recommendations to the on-site Service supervisor as required.
• Perform day to day and routine safety observations and inspections.
Qualifications / Required Skills
The ideal candidate should have strong skills in the following:
• Certified Welder / Journeyman level with Trade School diploma / certification or equivalent years of experience. Ability to pass welder performance qualification for groove, corrosion resistant overlay, and hard facing overlay per ASME Section IX.
• Experience using multiple processes (SMAW, GTAW, GMAW and FCAW) and materials (chromium, nickel and cobalt alloys).
• Good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees.
• Familiar with NBIC, ANSI and ASME codes and their applications.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency.
• Certified Welding Instructor (CWI).
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
• Willing to be trained in skills other than the primary skill.
• Certificate holder for safe operation of Propane powered 5000 lb capacity forklift.
• Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite, generate service reports, and navigate web-based service literature and programs.
Must be capable to work in conditions that are consistent with a manufacturing and service organization consisting of work environments ranging from a workshop to on-site at a heavy industry facility. A variety of tools and processes will be encountered by the selected candidate and work will involving frequent lifting of objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Must pass an initial alcohol and drug test and adhere to all company policies including the Drug and Alcohol Policy for continued employment. Loose-fitting clothing and jewelry will not be permitted, and long hair must be tied back.