We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Utility Person- Certification Specialist Assistant
15045 Ne Mason Portland, OR 97230
Create Certificates of Conformance and prepare product specific Certification Packets which must ship with customer shipments.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE and ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive and team-oriented attitudes.
- Accurately and consistently document all performed tasks on appropriate records (work orders, inspection sheets, maintenance logs, etc.).
- Inspect documents for previously completed operation sign off and verify part counts before beginning any manufacturing operation. Do not proceed if discrepancies are found.
- Follow established protocol to maintain ID & traceability of product and documentation. Do not perform operation if ID is questionable.
- Follow department Standard Process Instructions.
- Create Certificates of Conformance and packing slips for each order of product shipped.
- Prepare Certification Packets containing all documentation required to ship with product orders.
- Finished Goods: Puts parts that don’ t have an open purchase order in finished goods.
- Respond to requests for certification corrections.
- Provide clerical support to the Quality department.
- Does the end of the day reports.
- Splits: enters NCMR’ s into the system and assigns a number, creates a new work order for reworked parts.
- Contribute to fiscal stability of company by controlling expenses whenever possible.
- Confer with co-workers to research product quality and customer problems and find solutions.
- Ask manager to clarify priorities and assignments.
- Initiate non-conformance reports when products do not meet specifications.
- Detain shipment of any product that does not meet quality requirements.
- Contribute to a safe working environment by safely operating all equipment and tools, and by identifying and reporting all situations that pose a safety or health risk.
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement by initiating change control to processes or operating procedures.
PREPARATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Data entry and computer experience in a work environment. Experience using MS Office software products including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Must possess the ability to work with others under time constraints that facilitate the on-time shipments of orders.
- Attention to detail is required to assure correct information is put on the Thortex certificate of conformance and to make sure that the customer specifications are met and required documents are included in the certification packet.
MINIMAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Safety and Health Training
- Quality System
SAFETY, HEALTH, and ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROLS
Follow guidelines for the use of all personal protective equipment (PPE) required for your job. Operate all equipment and perform other job duties safely, without danger to yourself or others. Adhere to all plant and department safety rules and immediately report all unsafe conditions to your supervisor or management. Be environmentally responsible by limiting the amount of hazardous waste generated, to the extent possible, and follow guidelines for waste disposal.
The list of hazards associated with the job and the specific personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety equipment required to perform the job are detailed below:
- Safety glasses are required when working in or around the machine shop or the polishing department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions:
- General physical requirements for performing the duties of this job; the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls on computers and equipment; reach with hands and arms for equipment operation. The employee is occasionally required to walk and negotiate stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, some color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Specific physical requirements for performing the duties of this job; None
Email me your resume to secure your Interview today!