We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
333 S. Meridian Puyallup, WA 98371
The City of Puyallup is looking for a Part Time Temporary Admin to provide coverage for maternity leave. This position will be a 20 hour/week 12pm-4pm Mon- Fri, beginning October 28th and tentatively working through mid-December.
- General office practices and procedures
- Correct punctuation, spelling, grammar and word usage
- Operation of a variety of office machines such as a personal computer and associated software (Microsoft Office Suite), copier, scanner, etc.
- Local government functions and practices preferred
- Operate word processing equipment with accurate keyboarding in preparing spreadsheets, letters, memos and other documents, and database management programs
- Operate standard office equipment such as a personal computer, copiers, typewriters, etc.
- Understand and effectively follow both oral and written instructions
- Deal with the public tactfully and courteously in person and on the telephone
Specific Duties in Clerk’ s Office:
Assist with Customer Service Counter
Preparing public notices
Update Magic Box Notification system using PowerPoint
Check daily paper for legal notices relating to the city
Preparing City Clerk files for 2020
Council Meeting related duties:
Printing City Council Agenda Packets
Before Council Meeting Chambers Set-up
After Council Meeting Chambers clean up
After meeting --Timestamp items in Granicus and upload to website
After meeting – Prepare Ordinance summaries for publication
Prepare 2020 city council notebooks and dividers
Preparing council meeting minute templates
After meeting add motions, citizen comment topics and summarized council comments into templates
Printing finalized minutes for permanent record
Finalize and upload council approved minutes to Granicus and website (on-demand page)
Other duties as needed.