We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Kent, WA 60050
A rapidly expanding company seeking a talented Outside Plant (OSP) Engineer in the Kent & Spokane, Washington area.
This company is unique in that fact that it blends civil engineering with utility engineering to provide design support for roadway projects impacting facilities of some of the largest utility companies in the nation. We offer our employees competitive medical and dental insurance, 401K also offering time off for vacation and holidays.
OSP Engineers play a vital role in the production of our high-quality Telecom designs. Our expectation is that a candidate will possess a well-rounded work experience and the ability to adapt to new technologies. OSP Engineers are responsible for design of outside plant facilities; which will include cable (copper, fiber), equipment (cabinets, cross-connects, terminals), facilities (hand holes, manholes, poles); either manually or by using client-designated CAD Software per the contract requisites. OSP Engineers will also be expected to handle any permitting requirements, as well as obtaining said requirements or information as it pertains to Right of Way, tree trimming, crossings or the like. OSP Engineers must be capable of assembling and producing a complete job package, cradle-to-grave, per the contracted work specifications.
The successful candidate must be familiar with most or all of the following:
• Outside plant design in various environments (aerial, buried, Underground)
• Gathering field data, existing plant inventory
• A solid understanding of copper and fiber splicing
• Ability to read and interpret outside plant records (data, maps)
• Make-Ready pole engineering (including safety practices)
• Telephony-standard symbols and procedures
• A level of comfort with Microsoft Office Applications
• Public right-of-way and private easements
• Willingness to travel when a field visit is required
Preferred Requirement: 5+ years of telephony or engineering operations experience; or an Associate’ s Degree in a technical discipline and 3+ years technical/telephony experience with 2+ years directly related to OSP Engineering; or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.