We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Technical Support Associate
5687A Se International Way Milwaukie, OR 97222
Technical Support Associate Wanted!
General Position Summary:
Receive and log in incoming samples with all required paperwork and specifications according to company policies and procedures. Accurately interpret customer requests and required testing as per specifications to facilitate performance of appropriate testing. Interact with internal staff to promote prompt delivery of test results. Interface with customers to support accurate interpretations of requests and to provide status updates.
- Process incoming and outgoing samples and materials.
- Receive and maintain customer work instructions and samples traceability for high volume/production customers.
- Identify required testing based customer purchase order, work instruction or IMR quotation.
- Accurately identify and interpret test requirements based on procedural method, specification, and customer specific instructions.
- Create and review jobs to determine that the appropriate documentation, samples and labels accurately match customer work instruction.
- Use correct tasking codes and quantities to facilitate accurate testing and invoice facilitation.
- Receive incoming correspondence from internal and external customers, answer questions and provide accurate feedback within a timely manner.
- Facilitate expeditious completion of testing as required by customer needs. Follow up on overdue jobs.
- Initiate contact with internal associates to obtain applicable information in establishing customer expectations.
- Keep customers apprised of job status through routine customer updates and/or by responding to customer inquiries.
- Provide backup support to Front Desk Administrative Assistant in answering incoming calls and greeting visitors.
- Receive, retain, ship and dispose of samples.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Purchase order quality review.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Sharp attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Ability to read technical specifications with basic comprehension
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to interface with individuals, groups and diverse cultures
- Strong planning and organizational abilities to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capacity to work independently and autonomously with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Data entry experience preferred
- Knowledge or familiarity with technical and scientific terminology preferred
Decision Making/Problem Solving:
- Limited discretion, able to make decisions or suggestions based on rules or procedures.
- Multiple-choice situations in which prior experience with similar problems has shown which choice is most appropriate, selecting from known alternatives.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree or technical/vocational education preferred. Minimum 0-2 years of experience.
MS Office with an emphasis on Outlook and Excel
Exposure to light industrial testing facility environment. Sitting for extended periods. Handling dirty and heavy pieces of metal (up to 40 lbs.)
Email me your Resume today to secure your Interview!