We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Structural Steel Estimator
Po Box 80907 8155 1St Ave S Seattle, WA 981080907
An established division 5 Structural Steel fabricator is interviewing for and experienced estimator with experience in structural steel.
• Review and analyze design drawings, specifications, and other documentation presented by the client, to accurately prepare and estimate projects that fit within the company’ s scope and abilities.
• Understand the size and scope of projects along with timelines and applicable project deadlines.
• Read and interpret job bid instructions and detailed specifications to prepare an accurate take off
• Prepare a " take off" of materials as required for the job, and estimate all necessary labor,, verify current market material pricing, and determine buyout items, in order to prepare a through price estimate.
• Prepare scope of work proposal containing all inclusions, exclusions, clarifications and conditions. Lists all bid documents with dates used in preparation of estimate.
• Estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts, and summarize results with appropriate leaders to ensure all aspects of job.
• Communicate and follow up with Contractors and Estimators on bids in progress and existing bids
• Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard house and related cost data to be reported to senior management.
• Oral Communication— the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
• Problem-Solving— the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Analytical— the individual understands complex or diverse information.
• Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school. Experience may substitute for education.
• Knowledge of all types of structural steel projects, including commercial and industrial projects. Five + years related experience.
• Working knowledge of engineering and design concepts utilized within the structural steel, and misc. metals industry.
• PC skills to include the following software: MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Skills in FabTrol, Fabsuite, Sage 300 or Strumis for Structural Steel Estimating is a plus.
Salary competitive DOE with comprehensive benefits