We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Staff Accountant -Tacoma
600 University St 2100 Seattle, WA 98101
Staff Accountant needed for top law firm based out of Tacoma. Join a collaborative environment performing a wide range of financial duties where your contributions are valued and appreciated. The firm has a great balance of fun and hard work and recognizes employees and their families with competitive benefits. As part of the Accounting team attention to detail, customer service focus and flexibility are critical to success.
• Process checks, credit card and electronic receipts. Submit reports, remit refunds, assist with collections and special projects.
• Gather documentation and prepare Trust settlement distribution packets for review and approval.
• Accurately process Trust checks in accounting software, obtain signatures and process Trust Positive Pay.
• Reconcile Trust and other account balances, post interest and provide annual reporting to clients with Trust balances.
• Communicate with clients and internal personnel to resolve questions and concerns as they arise.
• Assist with 1099 processing.
• Enter Fixed Assets into the Sage system, depreciate and book entries to GL
• Prepare and file annual personal property taxes in various jurisdictions.
3 years in Accounts Receivable required
Bachelor of Arts in accounting with 2+ years of experience in a high-volume environment. Candidates without a degree with 3 – 4 years AR experience are welcome.
Thorough knowledge of accounts receivable and working knowledge of accounts payable. Familiarity with the Washington State Bar Association Trust Account Rules considered a plus.
Proficient in accounting platforms and Excel and experience or ability to pick up banking software and regulatory reporting applications. Sage
Strong customer service orientation
Prioritize and manage competing demands
$23 - $24 per hour with health, dental, vision, retirement plan, paid time off, professional development assistant and tuition reimbursement.
Work Remotely temporarily due to COVID-19