1015 N Holman St. Portland, OR 97217 US
OPENING: Staff Accountant
PAY: $50K 60K DOE
CITY: Portland, OR (Remote) but must live in Oregon!
WHO THEY ARE:
This organization and their team focuses on accounting, business process and controls, financial operations, compliance, technology implementation and related strategy so our clients can run their businesses and build disruptive products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The ideal candidate for this position demonstrates a solid technical accounting background, strong communication skills, and can work as a team member while effectively managing their time to manage multiple client priorities. This position will be part of the foundation of the team, building a high level of client service which is expected for the continued success of our organization and the organizations.
- Work with client services team to understand the financial health of the client’s business while providing accounting, payroll, transactional, and information technology functions.
- Accurately account for transactions at assigned clients based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Operate cloud-based applications to automate accounting and finance functions.
- Successfully complete general ledger journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Attend training sessions required to retain license(s) and job-specific skills.
- Perform other tasks not explicitly described as necessary and business needs arise.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Strong personal ethics and ability to follow Firm Quality Assurance Policy.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with a team.
Education and Experience:
- Accounting degree highly preferred (two or four year)
- One year experience is preferred, open to recent grad with internship experience.
- Experience with full close-cycle accounting a plus.
- Microsoft Office 365 experience highly preferred.
- Experience working with QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, ADP, Fathom, and related cloud applications preferred.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- 100% REMOTE (complete set up provided- phone, computer etc.)
- Great benefits!
- Exponential growth opportunities
- Monthly team events i.e., company lunch/dinners, spa days and other fun activities to stay connected!
Just hit the "Apply" button and you are halfway done!
Or, reach out to Alisa or Hannah to set up a phone interview!
Direct Line: 503.595.8986 | Alisa: [email protected]
Direct Line: 503.595.8987 | Hannah: [email protected]
Meet Your Recruiter
I am an Operations Recruiter for the NE Portland branch location. I attended the Art Institute of Portland for Design Project Management, but like many I am not using my degree for what it was intended for. After moving back to Portland, I decided to switch career fields. Someone suggested that I use a staffing agency, to get that new industry experience on my resume. It worked! But I had to temp a lot to find exactly what I was looking for. I even was an Opti Candidate before becoming a recruiter! I have been on a career roller coaster for the past 10 yrs, but I believe I have arrived where I belong! Finally! I love my job, my coworkers & to be able to engage with new people every day.
I have 2 teen boys; I enjoy dry humor & patient people. As I am a fast-talking chatter box. I shamelessly love research & old photographs of people I don’t know. I believe in me, I believe in you, & I believe in the laws of the universe, that everything happens for a reason, even this part!