421 west 1st ave. Anchorage, AK 99501 US
Opening: Staff Accountant
Pay: $30 - $35
Opti Staffing group is partnering with a nonprofit organization that promotes education, conservation, and research in Alaska's national parks and forests. They provide educational materials, organize programs and tours, and support research projects. Their mission is to connect people with Alaska's natural and cultural heritage.
This company is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Financial Record Keeping: Maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records, including journal entries and ledger postings.
- Financial Reporting: Assisting in the preparation of financial statements, such as balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable: Managing vendor invoices, processing payments, and tracking customer invoices and collections.
- Reconciliation: Conducting periodic bank and account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and identify any discrepancies.
- General Ledger Maintenance: Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger by reviewing and reconciling accounts.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assisting with the development of budgets and financial forecasts, monitoring variances, and providing analysis.
- Financial Analysis: Analyzing financial data, identifying trends, and providing insights to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Tax Compliance: Assisting in the preparation of tax returns and ensuring compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Audit Support: Assisting auditors during financial audits, providing necessary documentation and explanations of financial transactions.
- Internal Controls: Participating in the design and implementation of internal control procedures to safeguard assets and ensure financial accuracy.
- $30 - $35
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401K W/ Match
- Paid Vacation
- All Government Recognized Holidays Paid Off
Just hit the “Apply” button above and you’re half-way home!
Or, send your resume to email@example.com or call 907-222-7004 and we’ll set up a time to meet!
Opti Staffing Group is a locally owned and operated full-service staffing agency that boasts continual growth and innovation. We have six offices located throughout the Pacific Northwest in Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. Our focus is on long-term career placement.
Opti is the recruiting partner for some of the country’s leading companies—offering hiring solutions you can’t find anywhere else.
Our recruiters will take the time to get to know you, understand what you’re looking for in a job and then present job opportunities that are a good fit for your skills and experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hi! I am a lifelong Alaskan of 31 years and enjoy spending time with my little family of three. Like most Alaskan’s we like spending time outside going for walks, camping, or just spending a warm day at the lake. Working with Opti for the past almost 7 years has been amazing. I started my career with Opti as an Executive Recruiter specializing in permanent staffing at mid, upper, and executive levels. I loved that I had such an impact on candidates' lives and the Anchorage community. Since then, I have moved into a leadership role and can say it is equally rewarding. I still get to work with candidates and companies in the area, but I also get to teach and develop new recruiters to do the same thing. The Anchorage team is like a second family for me, and (though I may be a bit biased) I can say I have never seen a more dedicated and hard-working team.