We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Sr. Tax Accountant
7525 SE 24th St St. 180? Mercer Island, WA 98040
Senior Tax Accountant
Full-time Compensation $60, 000 - $75, 000, plus benefits (DOE)
Primary responsibilities include:
- Preparation of complex individual income tax and business income tax returns.
- Propose solutions to managers & partners regarding client questions, outstanding tax issues, or internal matters.
- Prepare and complete tax research projects.
- Review work of staff below senior level.
- Assist with year-end and general tax planning services.
- Assist in fostering client relationships.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare IRS and state taxing authority letter and notice responses.
- Prepare state and local excise and personal property returns.
- Prepare federal and state payroll returns.
- Prepare client bookkeeping.
- Other tasks as needed.
Qualifications for Potential Candidates:
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Active CPA license, law license, or master' s degree in business, accounting, or tax.
- At least 3 tax seasons of relatable tax preparation experience (2+ years).
- Intermediate technical knowledge of tax concepts and the ability to apply to various client situations.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive can-do attitude, proactive, and takes initiative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, and Lacerte tax software a plus.
Full-time employee benefits include flexible schedule, paid time off, 15 paid holidays, employer subsidized medical/dental/vision group coverages, 100% employer paid $25k life insurance, 100% employer paid covered parking, 100% employer paid license and CPE expenses, 3% employer contribution to 401k, potential for bonus, potential for profit sharing, employer provided beverages and snacks, Friday lunches during busy season, casual Friday dress, group outings, fitness center on site at no cost, no required minimum billables or crazy busy season hour requirements, plus brand new office with employee lounge.