We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Small Business Accounting Specialist
Lynnwood, WA 98036
The primary responsibility of this position is to work with small business clients, collaborating with internal staff and clients to ensure accurate and complete bookkeeping, payroll, and tax work.
• Accurately review bookkeeping completed by internal staff and clients. Troubleshoot Quickbooks issues. Run monthly scheduled reports, review for questions and inconsistencies. Communicate with clients to request missing information and resolve questions. Prepare journal entries as needed. Deliver financials to clients and, as needed, to internal staff for tax preparation and/or planning.
• On-board new clients (coordinate receipt of needed information, set up payroll file, add recurring tasks to calendar/project management system, and make sure clients experience a smooth transition to our services).
• Advise clients on compliance issues (tax law changes, tax-savings strategies, best practices) and business start-up basics. (Training provided.)
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual WA State and various city B&O Tax filings
• Work with our internal payroll specialist to ensure payroll is processed accurately and on-time. Follow up with clients as needed. Assist payroll specialist to prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual federal and state payroll filings.
The secondary responsibility of this position is tax return preparation, with responsibilities progressively increasing according to experience.
• Review tax documents and organizers provided by clients
• Scan documents and utilize OCR tools (entry automation)
• Prepare individual and corporate tax returns, flagging missing information and questions
• Research tax questions and form a conclusion with backup
• Make corrections as requested by Reviewers
- Interview clients to ensure we have complete information. Use planning strategies to look ahead and improve client tax situations.
• Utilize workflow management tools to communicate status (Practice CS, SurePrep and Slack)
• Participate in team meetings and trainings
As time allows, all positions assist reception.
• Answer phones, book appointments, answer basic tax questions
• Greet clients warmly and accept documents
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Successful candidate will be reliable, proactive, collaborative, organized, flexible, and enjoy interacting with clients. Attention to detail and the ability to balance deadlines are critical skills.
- Accounting experience (particularly the ability to notice and correct inconsistencies and errors)
- Troubleshooting experience, particularly in the Quickbooks/QuickBooks Online environment
- Must be able to communicate professionally and warmly with clients (and co-workers), in writing and verbally.
- The ability to learn new software is key. Software currently used: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, MS Office, UltraTax, FileCabinet CS, Practice CS, Aero, Payroll Relief, Google Apps, Trello, Slack, among others.
- Experience handling accounting for multiple companies
- Federal income tax preparation experience and knowledge is helpful, but not required.
- Company Values:
- Continuous Improvement - in our education, our service, and our processes
- Integrity - both in our work and in our clients
- Genuine interactions - be yourself, care for others, work as a team
- - Community - engage and support our community