Shipping Receiving / Inventory
1313 South 96Th Street Seatttle, WA 98108 US
Opti Staffing is Hiring!
Position- South Seattle, WA
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES
• The basic function of this position will include but is not limited to shipping, receiving, and inventory control in our Seattle location.
• Package, schedule and ship items via parcel, motor freight, and custom carriers. Receive and stage items for Service Department, Sales Department, and Vendor Returns.
• Perform shipping and receiving for a warehouse shared by three companies, using Microsoft Dynamics NAV, UPS Worldship, Kuebix, and multiple freight carrier web scheduling services.
• Effectively utilize Windows applications and modern computer and communication tools and peripherials (various software tools, phone, printer, copy/scan/email, and calculator).
• Communicate via email, phone, and in person with internal customers, vendors, freight carriers, etc., to prioritize tasks and complete warehouse and shop activities.
• Verify all incoming shipments for correct waybill information and visible damage. Communicate and follow up on discrepancies with suppliers, freight companies, and any others. Communicates with others to ensure shipping related problems are resolved.
• Ensure that merchandise is processed, labelled, and placed in the appropriate staging and inventory locations.
• Safely operate forklift to place/pick pallets of various size and shape into racking up to 16’ high
• Prepare and verify documents related to activities of the shipping department. Forwards to appropriate departments for processing.
• Drive company vehicles to drop-off and pickup parts and equipment as needed
• Assist as needed with shop tasks including disassembly, parts cleaning, and painting.
We have the people, product and technical resources to meet your pump, compressor and blower needs. Our product line is impressive because we represent the finest manufacturers in the industry today - companies like Goulds Pumps, Gardner Denver, Gorman-Rupp, seepex, Vaughan, John Crane and Wilden.
· What makes our team successful is our attention to detail, life-long learning attitude, and pride in everything we do.
· We have a passion for helping our customers succeed and grow successful businesses.
· Very open and inclusive management style, with a lead by example mantra.
Leadership and Culture
· Accessible ownership – have a new idea, let’s talk about it!
· Leadership committed to taking care of employees, so they take care of clients and customers.
· Collaborative, open environment where all team members are committed to the goal of being the best.
· Engaged, energized team of people committed to a common vision of doing things right.
· Collaborative and flexible team – we’re all happy to help out wherever we’re needed.
Benefits and Appreciation
- Pay ranges from 20-25 DOE
- Hours are 7 or 8am - 3:30 OR 4:30
· Paid time off/vacation.
· Ongoing professional development – we’re committed to YOU!
If you are interested in this position, we want to hear from YOU! Contact Paul at 206-456-3689!
Meet Your Recruiter
Born and raised in Seattle, Worked on several political campaigns so the cold/warm calls feel like a dream of the past, nice to have transferable skills.