1313 South 96Th Street Seatttle, WA 98108 US
Opening: Service Technician (Mechanic)
City: Kennewick, WA
WHO THEY ARE:
We are driven by the purpose of providing maximum service. For over 40 years, our highly skilled team has been committed to fulfilling this purpose every day in the Pacific Northwest. As the leading distributor and service center for industrial pumps, compressors, and blowers from renowned American industry brands, our products and services play a crucial role in driving various industries and supporting infrastructure.
We take pride in our diverse team, which includes hands-on mechanical and field technicians, applications engineering and technical sales professionals, as well as personnel handling back-office and business operations. Our customer base includes industries such as aerospace, forest products, marine, chemical, food processing, municipal water, military, and government sectors.
The loyalty and longevity of many of our employees are a testament to our dedication to their growth and development. With a focus on training and continuous development opportunities, we empower our team members to thrive professionally. Furthermore, we heavily invest in our facilities, tools, technology, and business systems, ensuring that we stay at the forefront of our industry. We are passionate about what we do, and our commitment to excellence drives our success and customer satisfaction.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The basic function of this position will include but is not limited to machine repair and maintenance with an emphasis on quality assurance and overall work standards on the repair floor. This position will also be responsible for disassembly, inspection, reassembly, and testing of pumps at a bench in a shop environment.
- Disassemble, clean, and inspect rotating equipment.
- Follow all quality assurance and documentation procedures.
- Estimate labor and parts necessary to make repairs.
- Complete required repairs and assemble new equipment.
- Assemble and test repaired rotating equipment.
- Report job status and any quality assurance issues to shop supervisor.
- Travel to customer job sites when required.
- Teach and direct junior mechanics in rotating equipment repair.
- $26-36/hr, DOE
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Monday-Friday schedule, 7:00AM-4:00PM
- Some opportunity for OT, based on workloads and personnel requirements.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in production/job shop environment with 1 to 2 years’ direct experience in working as a mechanic or millwright on pumps.
- Associate’s degree, Technical school, or previous experience with rotating equipment is preferred.
- High enthusiasm, energy, and initiative.
- Quality conscious and interested in improvement techniques and teamwork.
- High level of professionalism with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Understanding of pumps, compressors, blowers, electric motors, and other rotating equipment.
- Understanding of hydraulics and how they operate. Able to read and interpret hydraulic schematics or diagrams.
- Understanding of machine work and part manufacturing as it pertains to pump repair and restoring pump factory clearances.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics or diagrams.
- Use of precision measuring instruments.
- Understanding basic mathematics.
- Organized and highly detail oriented.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner.
- This job requires driving company trucks so a clean driving record is a must.
- This job requires a pre-employment background check, driving check, and drug test.
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to Jeff Miller at [email protected] NOW to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as this week! Or just give us a call at (206) 456-3684!
Meet Your Recruiter
I am born and raised in the Seattle area, and have never lived anywhere else. My wife, daughter, and I live in Renton, which is a perfect location for us. We live near all our friends and family, and we love taking advantage of all that the Northwest has to offer. Like the rest of my family, I graduated from the University of Washington, and am a huge Huskies fan. Most of my free time is spent spending time with my family, but besides that, I am a big Mariners and Seahawks fan (Bring back our Sonics!), and I coach high school basketball, which is a passion of mine. I love helping kids develop both on and off the court, and find it very rewarding to see former players as they get older and grow into young adults. Since graduating from college, I have had a number of jobs, but none that I really loved – until I started at Opti. The amazing culture that has been established is what I’ve been looking for. I love being able to help so many people – the satisfaction that comes from making that perfect fit drives me to work every day. I work with the best team, and I love coming to work and learning more each day.