We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Senior HR Generalist
945 Fawcett Ave Tacoma, WA 98402
COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION SEEKS HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
We are a growing human resources department for a long operating organization searching for someone to fill a pair of big shoes. We are seeking an innovative, adaptable and energetic professional who will be a principal member of our human resources team.
- Manage recruitment process including working with hiring managers to determine position requirements, post jobs, attend career fairs and conduct background screenings
- Manage day-to-day human resource needs of assigned programs and conduct weekly meeting with assigned program managers and teams
- Creates ADP accounts for new employee
- Manage benefits enrollment process for new employee including timely notification and submitting paperwork to appropriate providers in a timely manner to ensure accurate coverage
- Provide HR expertise and guidance on HR matter including coaching, training, career development, and employee engagement
- Works closely with assigned programs to improve work environment, create culture, and increase retention
- Ensure awareness of all applicable regulatory employee related and bargaining agreement laws and changes and ensure they are disseminated throughout the organization as needed
- Collaborates with Sr. Human Resource Director to facilitate on-boarding, orientations, trainings and assist with the open enrollment process
- Ensure all payroll paperwork is complete and submitted in a timely manner
- Manage leave of absence programs and requirements
- Actively promote and lead the employee recognition program
- Assist with policy and procedure updates and routine audits
If you meet the following qualifications and understand the following expectations in addition to those duties above, you will be heavily considered for the position:
- Less of an HR specialist, more of a generalist who truly understands the breadth and depth of what it means to work in human resources, nut just a department of human resources.
- Someone who has a heavy understanding of recruitment, employee relations and FMLA regulations.
- Must be detail oriented and be okay with the filing room being their responsibility. Upkeep and organization of file room is a primary requirement of this role.
- Experience creating standard operating procedures, training manuals, orientation/training curriculum.
This is a FULL-TIME role. Hours are Monday - Friday, DAY. Hours are flexible within reason.
PAY is truly dependent on qualification.
This is a CONTRACT to HIRE position. Our staffing partner will meet you to do first round interviews to be sure you are an overall fit for our organization.
We can' t wait to meet you!