We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
wood village, OR 97220
We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator to maintain and operate Davenport screw machines. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential as all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits. This is an apprentice position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Loads and starts-up machines.
2. Operates one or more machines to produce parts as directed
3. Trained to read blueprints, drawings, and job orders for information such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of work pieces.
4. Verifies conformance of production parts to specifications using various measuring instruments.
5. Sharpens tools as required.
6. Works alongside experienced machinist
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Mechanically inclined.
2. High school diploma or equivalent. Manufacturing Technology courses a plus.
3. Experience in machine shop desirable.
4. Experience with measuring tools, such as calipers and micrometers a plus.
5. Good interpersonal and language skills are required in interacting with team members.
Job Type: Full-time, M-THU, 10 hour shift
For more information, or to apply, please reach out to Christian at 503 595 8982 or email your resume to [email protected]