1313 South 96th Street Seatttle, WA 98108 US
Opening: Safety Manager
City: Seattle, WA
WHO THEY ARE:
We are driven by the purpose of providing maximum service. For over 40 years, our highly skilled team has been committed to fulfilling this purpose every day in the Pacific Northwest. As the leading distributor and service center for industrial pumps, compressors, and blowers from renowned American industry brands, our products and services play a crucial role in driving various industries and supporting infrastructure.
We take pride in our diverse team, which includes hands-on mechanical and field technicians, applications engineering and technical sales professionals, as well as personnel handling back-office and business operations. Our customer base includes industries such as aerospace, forest products, marine, chemical, food processing, municipal water, military, and government sectors.
The loyalty and longevity of many of our employees are a testament to our dedication to their growth and development. With a focus on training and continuous development opportunities, we empower our team members to thrive professionally. Furthermore, we heavily invest in our facilities, tools, technology, and business systems, ensuring that we stay at the forefront of our industry. We are passionate about what we do, and our commitment to excellence drives our success and customer satisfaction.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for defining and overseeing health and safety practices and help ensure they are effectively followed by all team members.
- Conduct regular safety audits and inspections
- Maintain safety compliance management systems
- Provide training and guidance to employees and contractors
- Investigate accidents and incidents, and recommend corrective actions and improvements
- Support 5S activities and provide oversight of facility maintenance activities to ensure the facility remains a safe and enjoyable place to work.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday-Friday schedule, 7:00AM-3:30PM
- Associate degree or equivalent coursework required; bachelor’s degree preferred; strong knowledge of relevant safety standards, regulations, and best practices
- At least three years of experience in an industrial safety leadership or a similar role
- Knowledge of industrial equipment and systems, such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and control systems
- Familiarity with safety compliance management systems
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders, such as management, operators, vendors, and regulators
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other software tools
- Willingness to travel and work in different locations as required
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to Jeff Miller at [email protected] NOW to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as this week! Or just give us a call at (206) 456-3684!
Meet Your Recruiter
I am born and raised in the Seattle area, and have never lived anywhere else. My wife, daughter, and I live in Renton, which is a perfect location for us. We live near all our friends and family, and we love taking advantage of all that the Northwest has to offer. Like the rest of my family, I graduated from the University of Washington, and am a huge Huskies fan. Most of my free time is spent spending time with my family, but besides that, I am a big Mariners and Seahawks fan (Bring back our Sonics!), and I coach high school basketball, which is a passion of mine. I love helping kids develop both on and off the court, and find it very rewarding to see former players as they get older and grow into young adults. Since graduating from college, I have had a number of jobs, but none that I really loved – until I started at Opti. The amazing culture that has been established is what I’ve been looking for. I love being able to help so many people – the satisfaction that comes from making that perfect fit drives me to work every day. I work with the best team, and I love coming to work and learning more each day.