We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Longview, WA 98632
Safety Resource Manager
Looking for an experienced Safety Resource Manager. This position reports to the Vice-President of Manufacturing. The Safety Resource Manager teams with employees to develop and implement company safety programs across all sites that will help create and maintain an injury free and regulatory compliant workplace.
· Keep up to date with relevant safety legislation as it pertains to the job requirements.
· Provide leadership and coordinate efforts to drive continual improvement of safety program effectiveness.
· Develop and implement policies, procedures, programs, and tools to ensure compliance with government regulations and policies in a way that leads to a safe and injury-free work environment.
· Primary contact with Federal and State OSHA regulatory agencies as it relates to safety compliance.
· Coordinate and perform safety audits including corrective action plan tracking (both internal and external).
· Develop and implement effective training programs including support for monthly safety training, contractor training and new hire training.
· Facilitate sharing of Safety Best Practices between mill departments.
· Coordinate the Process Safety Management program.
· Act as the back-up Radiation Safety Officer.
· Maintain regulatory-required information and analyze data to provide information to management to identify improvement areas and safety trends. Develop action plans to address findings.
· Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices, developing practices and programs to correct or reduce their occurrence.
· Assists plant personnel to improve safety and health of all employees.
· Reviews company accident statistics and recommends corrections to improve overall employee health and safety.
· Attends and participates in department safety meetings.
· Provide leadership and management support to the Safety Coordinator.
· Site liason with local emergency response agencies.
· Performs other duties as required.
· A bachelor’ s degree in occupational health and safety or technical discipline with significant related experience and exposure to OSHA General Industry requirements. CSP and/or CIH certifications preferred.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience managing safety in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
· Ability to work safely and maintain compliance with safety regulations and site requirements at all times.
· Demonstrated ability to build and lead cross-functional teams including knowledge of basic facilitation techniques.
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Must be an effective listener.
· Clear ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
· Established skill to execute work based on standards, procedures and systems.
· Ability to understand safety legal requirements (i.e.: Regulations, Codes, Standards, Directives, and Administrative Policies)
· Experience developing and implementing goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
· Organized, analytical, detail-oriented, problem-solver, project management skills and strong focus on results.
· Excellent computer skills and experience in MicroSoft Applications, SharePoint, and 3rd Party Software Applications (SAP, Articulate, Convergence, ISNetworld, Cority (Medgate) or the like).
· Technical & management skills: Strong, creative and analytical thinker, attention to detail, excellent problem-solving ability with the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
· Experience in pulp and paper manufacturing and/or multi-site business complexes is a plus.
· Expertise in Process Safety Management is a plus.