We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Residential green builder estimator - Seattle
Seattle, WA 98144
Immediate interviews for an estimator for residential building in Seattle. The role includes new and existing subcontractor engagement, managing material costs, negotiating pricing and accurate estimations.
Scope of work:
Accurate Estimating ensuring that all project costs, per unit and labor cost calculations are up to date and aligned with current subcontractor and vendor known costs.
Generate estimates at pre-determined stages of feasibility and design and improve estimating tools and generating project estimates as needed.
Managing Subcontractor and Material Costs and database. This requires keeping all costs up-to-date, accurate and benchmarked against national, regional and local industry costs. It also requires maintaining and keeping accurate the allocation database of which subs are working on what projects currently and into the future – allowing the Company to understand subcontractor capacity and constraints across its pipeline.
Maintain new and existing subcontractor loyalty and engagement with reliable and hard-working subcontractors. This requires managing the subcontractor database, identifying and vetting new subcontractors per due diligence checklist and being personally responsible for subcontractor accounts.
Ensure the best possible pricing and outcomes with subcontractors including maintaining three subcontracting organizations per trade.
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in residential construction purchasing and estimating
• Experience with multi-family residential projects preferred
• Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of residential construction
• High degree of proficiency using Bluebeam, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
• Experience using construction management software and platforms required
• Highly proficient in reading and interpreting building plans
• Organized and detail oriented
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Salary $60-65k plus wonderful benefits in a dog friendly office