We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Residential construction Site Supervisor (Seattle)
4000 Airport Way S Seattle, WA 98144
This is a direct hire Opportunity through Opti Staffing Group.
We have an immediate opening with a leader in green residential construction and would like to hear from experienced candidates interested in sustainable building.
The Site Supervisor is the onsite representative for the Project Manager and coordinator and verifier for all activities as they occur on the project site. The Site Supervisor will provide additional support as requested by the Project Manager. It is expected that the Site Supervisor will demonstrate proficiency in the primary areas of responsibility within the first three months of training. This position is not entirely limited to the responsibilities outlined in this job description.
• Utilizing iAuditor and performing Quality Control Inspections at all critical junctures of the project in order to ensure all work is performed in a safe manner, meeting the Company’ s high-quality standards
o Complete daily rounds checklists
o Communicate scheduling conflicts with the project manager
o Conduct site and safety orientations with all Subcontractor representatives the first time they arrive on site
o Conduct Preconstruction Reviews with every Subcontractor prior to commencement of their Scope of Work
o Conduct QCIC’ s and Final Inspections at every phase of each Subcontractor’ s Scope of Work
• Supervising the daily activities of all Subcontractors and confirming the work is performed in a manner that is compliant with the Master Services Agreement and Project Subcontract Agreement
o Ensuring the Subcontractor preserves and maintains the job site in a manner that reflects positively on and does not create safety hazards for other Subcontractors or members of the community
• Notifying the Project Manager of any potential deviations to the schedule, Change Orders, safety violations, and issues pertaining to the quality of work
• Posting digital daily updates with photos that summarize the activities of the day for each project
• Providing onsite direction for Company Site Supervisor Trainee’ s, Field Associates and contracted labor
• Jobsite Safety
o Ensure subcontractor compliance with all health and safety requirements
• Injury Reporting
o Record all details of any jobsite injury in writing per Labor and Industry and company guidelines
§ Get the facts (how, where, when the injury occurred; be specific)
§ Interview any witnesses
§ Take photographs
o Provide any injured worker guidance on receiving care after a jobsite injury including, but not limited to, locating the nearest facility and securing transit for the injured worker when necessary
o Report all jobsite injuries to the HR Manager as soon as possible by phone and provide record of injury via email
• Safety Compliance for Subcontractors
o Engage subcontractors, on behalf of GCH, as needed to ensure safety policy compliance
o Responsible for issuing safety policy compliance citations as needed
o Communicate immediately with Safety Manager (Will) regarding any issued compliance citations
Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum of 2 years’ residential construction experience required
• High-school diploma or equivalent required
• Relevant college degree preferred
• Understanding of health and safety practices in residential construction required
• OSHA health and safety training highly preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in reading plan sets
• Understanding of the jurisdictional inspection process and ability to successfully pass inspections
• Ability to read and understand the project schedule
• Demonstrated proficiency in using computers and mobile devices to perform work in the field
• Aptitude for learning new construction technologies and practices
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
• High-degree of professionalism required with exceptional communication skills
• Must possess a valid driver’ s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation for frequent travel between job sites during the day.
• Ability to lift 50lbs
Position and Hours
This is a non-exempt, full time position, working on various job sites in the Seattle area as well as regular visits to our Seattle office for meetings.