Residential Maintenance Technician (Apartment)
2633 Eastlake Ave East , Suite 307 Seattle, WA 98102 US
Call Paul from Opti Staffing at 206-456-3689 to schedule a time to meet and discuss this position!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the performance of all maintenance tasks within an apartment community and reports to and seeks approval from the Maintenance Supervisor. This position is charged with performing all maintenance tasks to the highest quality standard to insure a high degree of resident satisfaction and requires excellent technical skills including and not limited too:
- Maintain and apply proficiency in maintenance trades, including: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Painting, Appliance Repair, Carpentry, Landscaping, and Pool Operation.
- Oversee and/or perform the turn process to prepare apartments for new residents, including scheduling staff and service providers, inspecting finished work to ensure compliance with company standards and completing requested inspections.
- Be capable of performing typical independent assignments consistent with code requirements and good working practices. Such assignments might include: install, repair, and replace plumbing fixtures; install, repair and replace electric switches, breakers, and receptacles; operate and repair all pool equipment; move, install, repair, replace all appliances; install, repair, and replace drywall, counters, and cabinetry; troubleshoot, repair, or replace HVAC equipment; and oversee landscaping contractor.
- Respond to emergency situations when on duty or when scheduled to be on-call.
- Stay within budget and utilize Purchase Order system prior to making any purchases, or scheduling service providers.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to residents, team members and service providers regarding planned and completed tasks.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs. Ability to walk up/down stairs.
- Must have a current driver's license and auto insurance.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Technician or have 1+ years of maintenance experience, please apply!
- Compensation ranges from $31-$40 an hour based on experience.
- Dental insurance
- After 90 days, you are eligible for a housing discount to live in the building at a fraction of the usual rate!
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Full-time, property located in the Queen Anne neighborhood in Seattle.
- Your work schedule will be full time, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Overtime work as needed
Meet Your Recruiter
Born and raised in Seattle, Worked on several political campaigns so the cold/warm calls feel like a dream of the past, nice to have transferable skills.