We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
721 NW 9th Ave #200 Portland, OR 97209
Residential Framer (Seattle)
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a residential construction company in the Seattle area.
WHAT WE DO:
Our team is dedicated to building sustainable and resilient communities from the inside out. We focus on transforming the residential real estate market so that environmental sustainability and resource efficiency are the norm. We do this through the design and construction of residential projects, impact investing, and education.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking an experienced Residential Framer with a positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ residential construction framing experience required
- Understanding of health and safety practices in residential construction required
- OSHA health and safety training highly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading architectural and structural plan sets
- Understanding of the jurisdictional inspection process and ability to successfully pass inspections
- Ability to read and understand the project schedule
- Demonstrated proficiency in using computers and mobile devices to perform work in the field
- Aptitude for learning new construction technologies and practices
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- High-degree of professionalism required with exceptional communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’ s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation for frequent travel between job sites during the day
- Ability to lift 50lbs
The Framer will follow the direction of the Lead Framer in construction of wood framed residential structures. The Framer will support other construction activity as requested by the Lead Framer or Project Managers. This position is not entirely limited to the responsibilities outlined below.
- The primary responsibility of the Framer is to safely perform all duties in the efficient construction of wood structures.
- Maintain strict safety standards
- Communicate jobsite conditions to the Lead Framer
- Assist Lead Framer with all material deliveries
- Ensure jobsite security on an ongoing basis
- Confirm all work is performed in a manner that is compliant with standards and specs
- Preserve and maintain the job site in a manner that reflects positively and does not create safety hazards for other Subcontractors or members of the community
- Notify the Lead Framer of any potential deviations to the schedule, Change Orders, safety violations, and issues pertaining to the quality of work.
- Providing onsite direction for Field Associates and contracted labor
- Jobsite Safety
- Ensure personal compliance with all health and safety requirements.
- Injury Reporting
This is a non-exempt, full time position, working primarily outdoors on job sites throughout Seattle with some time spent in our office. This position involves frequent and repetitive movement, including lifting and carrying materials up to 50 pounds.
The hourly rate for this position is $25-29/hour, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package includes: company-paid medical, dental, vision & life insurance; 401(k) plan; paid maternity/paternity leave; gym & phone benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you!