We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
3815 W Valley Hwy Auburn, Washington 98001
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
General Position Summary:
The two primary functions of this position are to manage the phone system by receiving most incoming calls and greeting and monitoring visitors to the building.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities: (this list is not all inclusive)
- Answer phone calls professionally on first or second ring. Forward calls to applicable departments or answer question if possible.
- Greet visitors to building in a friendly and professional manner. Log visitor’ s in/out and issue visitor’ s badge.
- Complete scanning daily. Check daily log for missing scans. Research and request paperwork necessary to complete scanning. Paperwork filed daily and accurately.
- Billing invoices mailed daily.
- Provide updates or reports as appropriate and per timeline.
- Assist other customer service or billing staff.
- Sort and distribute paperwork within the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work for this position is typically governed by established procedures. The nature of the work is recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Job is made somewhat complex by the requirement to research the freight movement process and to be organized and detail oriented.
Communication skills are necessary as the position interacts with customers, vendors, contractors and/or suppliers. Contact may be via telephone or face-to-face. Communication is rarely about confidential information.
Position is not supervisory in nature.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- High school education required.
- One to two years of general office experience required. Transportation or fright experience preferred. Most tasks are learned on the job.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the necessary qualifications to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Necessary Knowledge, Ability and Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication (English).
- Must be able to read schedules, freight bills of lading, rate sheets and other paperwork.
- Must exercise good judgment, focus and decision-making.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize in order to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong professional phone and customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult and diverse people and remain calm.
- Good computer skills, including data entry and 10-key.
- Ability to operate general office equipment (i.e. multi-line phone, fax machine, copy machine).
- Must be conscientious and aware of safety procedures and issues.
- Professional appearance.
- Hazardous Materials certification may be required post-hire.
Must be able to site and use computer, which may require repetitive motions of the hands.
- Work is typically performed in a fast-paced office environment.
- Extensive phone work.
- Overtime may be required during certain times.