10 S 56th Pl Ridgefield, WA 98642 US
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer. This position performs and documents quality investigations resulting from out of specification results (OOS), deviations, CAPAs, product complaints, process improvements, new products, or other events requiring investigation and/or analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Prepares material reviews to document deviations and other quality incidents and performs corresponding investigations.
- Performs and documents investigations resulting from product complaints, CAPAs, and OOS results.
- Performs root cause analysis and assigns CAPAs for quality incidents in Manufacturing, Blend, and Packaging.
- Works with other employees within the organization to ensure corrective and preventive actions are implemented and incorporated.
- Supports other compliance functions within the department as needed (QA/QC, Laboratory).
- Performs additional related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or other) and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification and previous experience within the food or dietary supplement industry related to the duties and responsibilities specified, including Quality, Lab and/or Regulatory is preferred. Experience identifying, investigating, documenting and helping to resolve quality issues is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of Corrective Action/Preventive Action methods.
- Excellent data acquisition and documentation skills (experience with MiniTab preferred).
- High level of professionalism to work with and gather information from other departments within the organization.
- Project management and organization skills to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
- Must possess the ability to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment.
- Must possess the ability to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions.
- Must possess strength to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; stand and/or walk more than four to six (4-6) hours and up to twelve (12) hours per day; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance are available to employees and their dependents.
- Generous PTO
- Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education.
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan
- Optional Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts.
- Employee appreciation
NEXT STEPS: Send your resume to [email protected] or call 360-816-2101 to set up a time to interview!