We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Quality Engineer - Aviation
Po Box 1187 Kent, WA 98035-1187
Established over 50 years ago, our Kent Valley aviation company has proudly earned the business of many domestic and international organizations through recurring contract programs and licenses and continues to remain competitive by delivering quality results on time and within budget. Customers throughout the world rely on their superior expertise, honest scheduling and unsurpassed reliability.
• Develop, document and implement process controls, inspection standards, methods and techniques used by the Repair Station in to ensure product complying with applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), and manufacturers’ recommendations.
• Collect and present metrics on key process indicators relating to quality.
• Provide internal and on-site customer support and problem solving as a product expert.
• Establish and maintain the Quality procedures and manuals for both SAE AS 9100 and regulating entities and FAA FAR requirements.
• Assist root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions to reduce internal and external failure costs.
• Supervise Internal and external surveillance system, Nonconformance and Vendor control system, warranty, and precision equipment calibration. Travel as needed to visit repair stations, suppliers, and customers.
• Lead the root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions to reduce internal and external failure costs
• Administer for the quality monitoring system in accordance with ISO requirements and to act as an Internal Quality Auditor.
• Perform quality systems process analysis and implement improvements to make the quality system more efficient and effective.
• Work with Engineering, QA Manager and the shop to document and develop repairs procedures and inspection standards and drawing revisions for approval by FAA Engineering or an FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER).
• Provide backup for the Quality Assurance Manager.
• Assist with continuous improvement initiatives within the production facility.
• Ensure that requirement checks of inspection tools and calibration or precision test equipment is accomplished and that satisfactory documentation is maintained.
• Approving and surveillance of outside vendor. Travel as needed to visit suppliers and customers.
• Assist engineering in development of process specifications and special projects to assure compliance with FAA FAR and manufacturers’ requirements.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor' s Degree in Science /Engineering
WORK EXPERIENCE 2 TO 3 YEARS MINIMUM:
Thorough working knowledge of 14 CFR Parts 145, 21, 43.
Quality assurance role in a production or manufacturing facility; Aerospace experience preferred.
Operating under AS9100. AS9110 would be helpful.
Managing FAA requirements for conformity documentation as required in Parts 21, 43, 45, 121, and 145 preferred
Providing applicable Federal CFRs, and FAA FARs, A/Cs, A/Ds, NPRMs, and Orders with ability to electronically navigate the FAA RGL, DOS, and DOC websites that identify “ denied persons and bilateral agreement countries.”
$74, 250 to$ 76, 175.00 DOE (2-5 years’ experience) per year salary range including comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401 (k), PTO and bonus.