We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
5812 100th ST SW Lakewood, WA 98499
WESTERN WA NON-PROFIT SEEKS PURCHASING SUPERVISOR
- Supervises a purchasing department consisting of 2-5 employees.
- Training, supervising and coordinating purchasing activities; in support of store operations.
- Coordinate with stores to assure receipt of merchandise to meet customer requirements.
- Provide exceptional customer service to help or
- understand customers' with regards to appropriate product selection.
- Consistently maintains good rapport with suppliers.
- Be available to fill in for other employees when required, such as; receiving goods or filling in for a cashier.
- Listens and helps customers find required products and gathers technical data and/or detailed product specifications
- Provides and facilitates outstanding communication to in store personnel as well as customers in regards to special requests
- Tracks special order requests from start to completion
- Maintains a current awareness of office products, understanding of selling points, brand
- advantages and product differences, and knowledge of how to best educate customers on product use
- Thoroughly research products prior to recommendation to assure product will meet customer requirements — Never Guess
- Purchases store inventory based upon historical sales data, forecasted quantities, min/max stocking levels or special customer requests
- Analyze sales history to determine sales trends and suggests minimum quantity, reorder accordingly as well as suggests inventory levels based upon goals, considering: cost, transportation, and restocking lead to times to meet customer expectations.
- Ensures system integrity by regularly auditing transactions and balances inventory to ensure ability to meet customer demands while limiting the amount of capitol tied up in inventory
- Assists in identifying, selling, or disposing of slow-moving/obsolete inventory as well as assisting with inventory count process and reconciliation
- Educates store personnel on new products to improve sales volume
- Reports inventory turns, identifies potential problems and recommends solutions such as vendor returns, price changes or marketing activities
- Proactively works closely with Store Managers to reduce loss on obsolete inventory by early situational recognition
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with suppliers
- Request and reviews quotations for unique/special buys, selects suppliers based on " best value" for customer.
- Evaluates supplier costs, quality and delivery on an ongoing basis
- Maintains vendor records, POC' s, pricelists, contract information, passwords, ordering instructions, catalogs and product information
- Makes effort to remain aware of new technologies, products and suppliers that can help BSC' s improve sales and margins
- Must be familiar with AbilityOne agencies, their product offering, and capabilities
- Uses computer systems to monitor, evaluate, prioritize and plan purchase orders.
- Works closely with suppliers to coordinate and communicate priority purchase orders and expedite as required.
- Monitors open purchase orders.
- Updates PO notes and store managers regarding delayed merchandise or supplier problems
- Updates PO details to reflect revised delivery dates, changes in costs, canceled quantities or any other adjustments necessary to keep store personnel current and records accurate for accounting
- Introduces new ideas and suggestions to improve processes and maintain system accuracy
Communication and Teamwork:
- Work assigned hours, responsible for accuracy of time sheets, and notifies supervisor of any absences per policy.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding any uncertainty regarding work instructions.
- Maintain product quality and standards of the store.
- Maintain professional appearance
- AA degree or CPM certification required.
- 5+ years of experience in Purchasing with thorough understanding of purchasing. functions and order flow Ability to read drawings, understand technical specifications, MIL-SPEC, NSN' s and other governing laws or regulations concerning lawful government procurement.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. (box of copy paper) using safe lifting techniques throughout shift. Lifting cartons off floor, onto carts, then unpacking to stock shelves. Working on concrete floors that may be uneven. Standing, stooping, bending, stretching throughout shift. Physical demands are high throughout shift.
- Must be able to safely use warehouse equipment, climb ladders and load and unload delivery vehicles.
- Temperature fluctuates and is hard to regulate in extreme hot and cold months.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Should be able to communicate in a pleasant, polite, and professional manner with both customers and employees. The Supervisor deals with many different types of people and must have the judgment and skills to use effective tactics for each situation
- Proficient with basic math, MS Office products and able to use POS system, write memos, prepare meeting agenda, and monthly reports. Ability to build basic spreadsheets with simple formulas in Excel. Produce monthly reports or prepare informational spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Maintain Professionalism (Dress, Appearance, Manners)
- Customers should be treated with respect at all times.
- Excellent analytical, common sense and sound decision making
- Must be good with numbers
- Must be able to use office business machines and equipment (phones, fax, and copier.
- Must be organized, keep documents filed and archived per record retention policies
- Good analytical ability. Able to problem solve
- Must work with a high degree of accuracy, checking work daily.
- Should be able to communicate in a pleasant, polite, and professional manner with both customers and co-workers.
- Fluent English, written and spoken.
- Excellent communication. Clear written, verbal skills
This is a CONTRACT to HIRE position. Our staffing partner will meet with you and go over these basic qualifications for the position so that by the time you meet us, it will be like a second interview.
MUST HAVE A PASSPORT OR ENHANCED DRIVER' S LICENSE BEFORE STARTING IN THIS POSITION.
PAY is depending on qualification.
SCHEDULE is FULL-TIME.
We can' t wait to meet you!