7600 NE 47th Ave Vancouver, OR 98661 US
Location: Vancouver, WA
Compensation: $70K - $90K D.O.E.
Hours: Day Shift
Who we are:
We are a family-owned manufacturer of industrial pump packages and energy solutions. We specialize in large, custom, portable pump packages, and are renowned for their performance, serviceability, and built-in quality. We proudly serve thousands of customers from our global headquarters in Vancouver, WA and our new manufacturing factory located in Houston, TX.
What You'll Do:
As a Purchasing Manager you will lead the team sourcing manufacturing parts and materials, raw steel, equipment goods and services and managing vendors. You will oversee strategic procurement across multiple categories of spending, negotiate better deals and find more profitable suppliers. You will create an organized and productive procurement process that meets and anticipates global demand for drivers. You have broad and diverse relationships with manufacturing parts suppliers and steel processors in the greater Houston area, and you are excited to bring those connections and suppliers with you to Vancouver.
- Manage a team of 3-5 remote purchasers distributed across multiple offices
- Establish and oversee all purchasing policies, procedures, and activities so that the parts, materials, supplies, and services we buy meet standards of price, quality, timing, and consistency of supply
- Evaluate purchasing department processes, methods, and activities to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment
- Develop, track, and publish supplier surveys and supply chain management metrics to ensure quality goods and delivery integrity
- Establish procedures for standardized purchasing requests
- Escalate issues and potential part shortages to Materials Managers
- Handle all third-party negotiation and purchasing
- Report daily on vendor performance and part delivery estimates
- Take steps to increase productivity and predictability to decrease cost and to optimize inventory levels
What’s in it for You:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off including Vacation, Sick Time and Public Holidays
- Other company perks
- 10+ years of relevant experience in manufacturing, supply chain management, and purchasing agreements with demonstrated leadership responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing other purchasers across multiple different remote offices.
- Experience with ERP/MRP Software, purchasing and resource planning systems (e.g., Infor VISUAL)
- Experience with business financial and quoting software (e.g., QuickBooks)
- Knowledge of steel machining, special coating, and other manufacturing processes
- Mastery of MS Excel
- Willing to share and receive important criticism and direction directly, openly, and honestly.
- Broad vendor relationships across the greater Houston area including manufacturing parts and materials suppliers.
Just hit the “Apply” button and you are halfway there! Or send your resume to [email protected] or give me a call at 503-262-8700