We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
4385 S. 133Rd St. Seattle, WA 98168
The Pump Technician will perform hands on maintenance, troubleshooting / assessment, and repair work on pumps based on the associated skill level traveling to / from customer sites and / or a service center. Primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform hands-on shop work and / or on-site disassembly, inspection, reporting, cleaning, and reassembly of pumps, and possibly other mechanical equipment.
- Interface with customer plant personnel and Bay Valve Service personnel to perform hands-on shop and / or on-site pump troubleshooting / assessment, maintenance, testing (pre / post), and / or repair of pumps, and other mechanical equipment
- Ensure work and used materials are in compliance with manufacturer specifications.
- Read and interpret schematics for assembly, repair, and reassembly as required including completion of applicable quality documentation in either paper or electronic form.
- Perform failure assessments and make recommendations to the supervisor as required.
- Perform day to day and routine safety observations and inspections.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Able to work independently performing basic pump service / maintenance activities with the ability to accurately take measurements, complete documentation, and reference proper standards / documentation to ensure quality craftsmanship.
- Trade School diploma / certification or equivalent years of experience.
- Good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees.
- Understanding of pressure, temperature and other operating conditions and ability to service pumps in a production environment.
- Experience repairing at least 2 of the following Pump Types; API Overhung, Between Bearing, Multistage, ANSI, Vertical Turbines, Positive Displacement or Piston.
- Familiar with NBIC, ANSI, API and ASME codes and their applications.
- Able to perform general machining using lathes, mills, and other machining equipment preferred.
- Experience in the energy, oil and gas, industrial, and pulp and paper industries with respect to system operations, pumps, and valves.
- Analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
- Willing to be trained in skills other than the primary skill.
- Certificate holder for safe operation of Propane powered 5000 lb capacity forklift preferred.
- Additional mechanical skills including but not limited to machining and welding.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook to generate service reports and communicate within the company including skills to navigate web-based service literature and programs is a plus.
Capable to work in conditions that are consistent with a manufacturing and service organization consisting of work environments ranging from a workshop to on-site at an industrial facility. A variety of tools and processes will be encountered by the selected candidate and work will involve frequent lifting of objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Must pass an initial alcohol and drug test and adhere to all company policies including the Drug and Alcohol Policy for continued employment. Loose-fitting clothing and jewelry will not be permitted, and long hair must be tied back.