We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Project Manager for mixed-use Green Construction (Kirkland)
Natural & Built Environments 2025 Rose Point Lane Kirkland, Washington 98033
*This is a direct hire opportunity through Opti Staffing Group*
The Greater Seattle area has some of the most eclectic and uniquely engaging neighborhoods in the country. A strong part of the attraction is the green, environmentally conscious focus. Our client adds a component to these neighborhoods by building gorgeous retail and commercial spaces with responsible and intelligent living space above.
The Project Manger will plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. These phases include: scheduling, subcontractor buyout, cost reporting, preparation of subcontracts, the handling of owner coordination, and project closeout.
You will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects. Strong leadership, diplomacy, communication, negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making skills in addition to having 5 or more years construction experience similar in nature.
A working and technical knowledge of the residential & commercial construction process and all major trades is required. The PM will be responsible and accountable for overseeing all construction activities from pre-construction to completion; including management of the project schedule and project budget, preparing and enforcing contracts and subcontracts, generating change orders, cost estimating and other fiscal management duties. Other responsibilities will include enforcing job-site safety regulations and completion of all project punch/closeout work.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Project Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan
- Oversee the pay request process, monitor project costs and Job Cost Report
- Analyze and forecast Total Cost Projection reports
- Monitor project labor and vendor performance
- Review and approve material, forming system and equipment needs
- Assist Estimating in Change Order Process
- Develop, schedule and lead project close-out processes
- 5+ years’ experience
- Know and understand how to read construction drawings
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Create, review and manage project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Coordinate work between field personnel, subcontractors, suppliers and required inspections. (job site rules, non-performance days, rescheduling of delinquent construction activities.)
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risk
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Prepare detailed project schedules before start of every job
- Managing multiple concurrent projects in various stages of completion
Elements of sustainable crafted multi-use homes include:
- Triple Pane Windows
- Advanced Energy Star integrated heating, insulation & sealing systems built to cut energy use nearly in half
- Drought Resistant Landscaping and Best in the class EPA Water Sense rated plumbing fixtures
- Energy Efficient Appliances
- Low VOC paints, caulks, adhesives and glues meet LEED
- Bamboo and Marmoleum flooring
For immediate consideration for this or other construction openings please reply with your resume to this posting or directly to [email protected]