1419 NW 14th Ave Portland, OR 97209 US
Position: Project Manager
Location: Portland, OR
Compensation: $150k+ negotiable, DOE
Who we are:
We are a general contracting firm specializing in commercial construction of diverse scopes: civic, education, affordable and market-rate housing, mixed-use developments, and more. We center the highest standards for Clients by providing the best in today's construction with strength from their commitment to hard work from the inherent value of equity and inclusion for diversity in every aspect.
We value building relationships in addition to building meaningful projects, both of which are central to this role that reports directly to the Senior Project Manager. Not only are we looking for a Project Manager, but we are also hiring for people looking for a career and not just a job! We promote from within whenever we can, and we can honestly say you are not a number or employee to us. You are a person who deserves a great employer!
What's In It for You:
- Salary: $150k+ negotiable, DOE
- 100% Employer paid medical and dental for employee and subsidized for family
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD
- 401k – 4% match
- Paid sick time
- 2 weeks of PTO
- 2 weeks of vacation
- Employee stipend for continuing education and increasing happiness… yes, that includes yoga!
- Yearly allowance for ANY work needs
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and support the preconstruction team, including trade coordination, the scope of work development and review, bid package and schedule development, and bid advertisements
- Manage the submittal schedule setup and coordinate priorities with the team; review and approve all shop drawings and samples prior to submittal to Architects and/or Engineers
- Coordinate with various stakeholders of the project, including but not limited to the Owner, Developer, Subcontractors, Field Team, Design Team, Vendors, Suppliers, etc.
- Prepare, submit, and obtain Owner and/or Architect approval for change requests
- Lead project meetings; OAC (Owner, Architect, Contractor) meetings, monthly and progress reviews
- Prepare project schedule with the Project Superintendent; gather input from the Project Team and utilize Lean Principles, develop and update the project schedule for preconstruction and construction activities, and manage materials, labor, and procurement logs to ensure appropriate resources are in alignment per the project timeline
- Support investigation of safety incidents and support the training of staff as needed
- Identify potential schedule impacts including, but not limited to scope, weather, workforce, and facilitates mitigation plans to avert foreseeable concerns
- Provide strong leadership skills to support the construction field team with the Superintendent
- Provide proper documentation for decisions affecting various aspects of the project such as budget, schedule, legal, quality, and/or safety with current best practices for documentation requirements
- Prepare monthly cost and margin forecasts with input from the Superintendent and review with the Project Team; participate in the development of the project budget, regularly review costs associated with the budget, and highlight discrepancies to enable improved financial performance
- Lead overall project closeout process using best practice standards, tools, and processes such as the close-out punch list, financials, subcontracts, warranties, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Minimum of 8 years of construction experience with 5+ years of construction management experience
- Experience and proficiency in structural concrete and wood framing in commercial construction projects ranging from $25k to $50m for diverse scopes (multi-family, mixed-use, civic, education, office, etc.)
- Experience with Procore is a plus
- Strong and professional communication skills
- Comfortable coaching and collaboration
- Incredibly focused on attention to detail
- Great customer service skills, ability to de-escalate situations with ease
Call or text Molly today at 971 246-8427 for that next step in your career, or email your resume to [email protected]
Meet Your Recruiter
I have lived in California, Oregon, and Washington, all on the west side of each state. My heart won’t let me be far from the coast 😊 I am a candidate advocate that is changing lives to meet the needs of the new job market and improving work happiness throughout the Upper Left, USA. Everyone is important and everyone has value, and I absolutely love to help people see their value and land jobs they never thought they could. Transferrable skills are like magic!
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”