We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Project Manager - Structural Steel
Po Box 23759 Tigard, Oregon 972813759
The position of Project Manager provides the opportunity to work on some of the area’ s largest steel construction projects.
Position responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Purchasing, Estimating, Production, Erection, and Complex Coating departments to exceed customer expectations, meet project schedules, and maintain budget
- Generate and maintain project schedule, identifying key milestones and critical path
- Create and manage subcontracts to support project scope of work
- Delegate work to Project Engineers, Expeditors, Superintendents, and other project staff
- Reviews RFIs, ASIs, and revised structural/landscape/architectural drawings for scope of work impact. Pricing and issuing change order requests generated by design drawing and RFI contract modifications
- Generate and respond to RFIs regarding structural steel & miscellaneous steel details
- Manage decking, stair, coating, miscellaneous metals, detailing, and other subcontractors, shop drawing, quality, and engineering submittals
Requirements for a Project Manager:
- 2 years of education beyond high school in Engineering, Construction Management, or Drafting
- 2 years of work experience in the steel erection, steel fabrication, or related industries as a Project Engineer, Project Coordinator, or Project Manager
- Capable of interpreting contract language, construction drawings, and understand basic engineering terminology
- Strong attention to details, ability to multi-task, highly organized, computer and tech savvy
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team orientated office environment