We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Project Cost Accountant
3401 Industrial Way Longview, WA 98632
PROJECT COST ACCOUNTANT
This position is in the engineering department, and reports to the Engineering Manager. The engineering department provides engineering support to the Fiber Supply, Fiberline, Paper Machine, Extruders, Wet Lap, and Energy & Utilities production areas.
Key functions of the position include capital and major maintenance project accounting for projects that are ongoing at the facility. Work closely with engineering, maintenance, accounting and purchasing departments on projects related to on-going process enhancements and equipment reliability improvements.
· Provide monthly Job Cost Report analysis and reconciliation in coordination with the project manager(s) for timely financial reporting
· Produce and analyze reports which compare actual spending and cash flow versus budget for each project
· Manage the construction procure-to-pay process ensuring purchase orders and requisitions are utilized and invoices are paid timely and accurately
· Ensure that projects are billed in accordance with contracts and in accordance with company policies and sales tax requirements
· Timely complete asset capitalization and asset sale/disposal forms in accordance with company policy. Track and ensure effective project approval routing
· Track and communicate progress of maintenance spending vs. budget
· Act as a project liaison between project managers, accounting, purchasing and mill management
· Respond to queries by project personnel on all financial aspects of the projects
· Ensure accounting and purchasing procedures and controls are followed
· Perform other engineering or maintenance department related duties as required
· Bachelors or Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience (2-3 years of project accounting experience)
· Manufacturing experience, pulp and paper industry preferred
· Ability to work with a diverse work group of mill personnel, vendors, contractors, and consultants
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Basic functional capability inside of SAP’ s financial and purchasing modules is highly preferred
· Advanced Excel skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills