We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
5015 Business Park Blvd. 4th floor Anchorage, AK 99501
OPTI STAFFING GROUP IS HIRING
Opening: Project Accountant
City: Anchorage, AK
WHO THEY ARE:
A rapidly growing local Native Corporation with multiple subsidiaries that has positioned themselves in the top of oilfield service providers. There has been a boost in production, and they need to accommodate the demand. There are currently seven openings in their accounting department, and they expect to see more growth through the year.
WHAT YOU’ LL DO:
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Mail final invoices file consultant and client invoice copies in the billing folder.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Supervisor, as to your observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Provide the accounts payables team member with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the Biller maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in company system.
- Write off any noncollectable receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the PIC.
- Review weekly time sheets, along with the accounting group.
- Monthly analyze the P & L accounts monthly, as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconcilements, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
WHAT’ S IN IT FOR YOU:
DOE up to $100, 000
Highly competitive benefits package
Flexible full-time Schedule (Monday-Friday)
Permanent position within a large organization offering growth and advancement
Fun, fast paced work environment
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- More than 2 years of billing and receivables, with at least 2-3 years in A/E environment.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Services Manager, as necessary.
Just hit the “ Apply” button above and you’ re half-way home!
Or, send your resume to [email protected] or call 907-222-7006 and we’ ll set up a time to meet!