We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
1205 Prudential Blvd Longview, WA 98632
Production or Fabrication Supervisor for a foam manufacturing company in the Southwest Washington area. This position will oversee the Fabrication department for swing shift.
Must be able to:
- Ensure that all company safety and environmental policies and procedures are followed are followed and any violations are addressed immediately and shared with the Safety/Environmental Manager & Plant Manager.
- Will work with Plant Manager, Sales, Customer Service, Pourline Supervisor, Transportation Manager, and fab leaders to coordinate and implement all company directives in a positive and professional manner.
- Lean Daily Management.
- Communicate metrics with team.
- Responsible for daily coordination of work assignments required to complete customer orders on time and accurately.
- Coordinate time off and sick coverage in a way that does not adversely impact the department' s ability to meet the departments production targets.
- Assess and recommend manpower requirements for your given shift required to meet the production needs of the fabrication department.
- Read and understand detailed work orders and shipping orders to accurately load all materials to be shipped according to detailed written and verbal specifications and instructions.
- Suggest improvements to fabrication procedures, and act to improve timeliness and/or reduce costs.
- Completes department reports as needed.
- May operate handheld RD device to report product inventory information into JD Edwards system.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and yearly inventory processes.
- Ensure a plan is developed and implemented to make sure all employees in your department have skills and knowledge to perform the task they are assigned.
- Implement a plan of cross training to ensure maximum flexibility on your shift and to promote employee job satisfaction.
- Make sound decisions, anticipate and adapt to changing needs and resolve problems.
- Participate in leadership team strategic planning efforts.
- Participate in leadership team problem solving discussions and get after any actions assigned in the timeline determined by the team.
- Effective and professional written and verbal communicate with direct reports, peers and superiors.
- Ensure a high housekeeping standard in your department including 5S philosophies.
- Lead by example and hold your team accountable to the core values of the facility