We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
525 C St Nw Auburn, WA 980013909
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and evaluate production schedule and machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime.
- Own and drive improvement of day-to-day production quotas, quality, delivery, and inventory.
- Oversee a workforce of about 100 employees on the shop floor.
- Ensure your employees are always following proper safety policies and procedures.
- Provide motivation, support, and guidance to all employees.
- Proactively communicate any obstacles with management and collaborate on solutions.
- Diagnose problems with any portion of the milling process, solve the issue or escalate to the supervisor.
- Maintains mill equipment and keeps surrounding areas clean.
- Assigns work and work instructions, trains operators on proper operation and use of shop floor equipment and hand tools/materials, ensures safe practices, maintains high housekeeping standards.
- Reduces set up time in the milling process.
- Generates engineering change orders for any inaccuracies in the production engineering.
- Ability to step into the various Shop Supervisors roles as backups when they are not available to work.
- Accountable for the availability of materials, tools, and manpower to keep the department running efficiently.
- Responsible for product flow and personnel set-ups to maintain high efficiency.
- Sets and adjusts shop floor machines for proper operation.
- Performs any variety of operations within the group to maintain flow of work.
- Performs quality checks on products and parts prior to passing through to the next department.
- Provides safety and on the job skills training to new employees.
- Reports positive and negative employee performance to factory supervision.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over all employees and processes on the shop floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Preferred Education and Skills (in addition to the required):
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Construction Management or related
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years experience in a management/supervisory role
- Experience working in the millwork industry
Required Education and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ years experience in a management/supervisory role
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations
- Basic math skills to include fractions
- Computer skills to post production and material issuing.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and experience with standard tools