We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Process Engineer - Seattle
800 Maynard Ave S #404 Seattle, WA 98134
- BS Chemical Engineering and 3-5 years’ experience in the engineering and design of industrial processes and process equipment.
- Experience working in an industrial setting with process simulation software, particularly AspenPlus, HYSYS, and EDR required.
- Ability to travel internationally required.
- Experience working with engineers, designers and drafters as part of a process design team.
- Experience in performing engineering calculations for process systems design.
- Experience working with and developing Process Flow Diagrams and P&ID’ s.
- Experience developing mass and energy balances.
- Refinery, pulp & paper, renewable fuels or other heavy industrial experience desired.
- Perform process simulations and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’ s) and Heat and Material Balances.
- Develop sizing information for Process Equipment (compressors, pumps, heat exchangers, distillation columns, separators, reactors, etc.) and provide information in the form of equipment data sheets.
- Prepare line sizing requirements.
- Prepare material selection designation (diagram) for plant requirements.
- Develop P&ID’ s, conduct engineering drawing reviews, and vendor quotation review
- Assist with developing process and functional control descriptions, commissioning plans and other construction related documents.
- Responsible for developing engineering specifications and interface documents.
- Ability to develop engineering calculations, process studies, field investigation, detailed design, engineering documentation, equipment specification, code requirements, and checking.
- Ability to develop calculations and documentation packages for process design projects according to project standards and company standards.
- Ability to work as a team member in a multi-disciplinary firm to create engineering packages and reports.
- Develop process engineering documents working with other engineers and designers including general arrangements, equipment installation details, and hydraulic calculations.
- Provide field support including on-site design, technical support and construction support.
- Assist with process engineering estimates and capital cost estimates for engineering projects.
- Assist with proposal development, marketing, and business development efforts.
- Assist in plant start-up and performance testing, as required.
- Participate in sales meetings, HAZOPs, PHAs, model reviews, and performance tests.
- Walk down facilities for as-building activities