We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Press Dept Coordinator
Tacoma, WA 98371
- Provides assistance in the set up and operation of printing press to meet Production schedule and requirements.
- Provides assistance in the development and maintenance of the ink department.
- Ensure equipment has sufficient and proper supplies to meet production needs.
- Monitor equipment operating conditions to ensure product quality and personnel safety.
- Provides high degree of housekeeping in and around assigned area.
- Enters and retrieves data related to manufacturing operations of ink into a proprietary, MS Access-based, integrated manufacturing management system.
- Reports on job scheduling, inventory, production volumes and times, supplies, and other Production-related matters.
- Inspects received supplies of ink and related consumables and matches received supply against bill of lading to ensure items received are accurate, complete, and free of damage prior to releasing supplies to Printing for production.
- Advise Lead and Managers of issues related to production requirements.
- Ensure safety of all work area personnel in the operation of equipment and performing of product handling functions.
- Observe all company Safety and Health rules, advise Manager if an unsafe condition exists in the area.
- Comply with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Roles and Functions:
- Supports Production function by processing intermediate and finished product per customer specifications.
- Supports Production function by providing quality inspection of finished products.
- Sets up and operates presses to provide quality product per Production and Customer requirements.
- Observes all Safety and Health rules and programs, notifies Management of discrepancies.
Elements of Success:
- Performs production per instructions and customer requests.
- Performs setup appropriate to ensuring product meets customer specifications.
- Ensures availability of production materials and supplies as needed.
- Advises Press Department Lead and Managers when product quality does not meet standards.
- Trains other work area personnel in Safety, Quality and machine operation.
- Performs duties as part of a team in conjunction with other employees in the work area.
- Learns elements of Lead position and production control process.
- Participates in workplace safety efforts.
- Performs assignments as expected and agreed.
- At least two (2) years of experience as Printing Press Operator Assistant, or equivalent education/experience.
- Basic to intermediate math (count, add, subtract, multiply, divide, percentages).
- Language skills sufficient to communicate Production issues with Management.
- Provide Operator-level skills and guidance in setup and operation of printing press.
- Perform visual quality inspection of finished product.
- Understand sources of defective product and take appropriate action to correct issues and avoid defects in production stream.
- Alert Value Stream Manager of issues as needed to ensure safety and product quality.
- Ability to determine appropriate response to standard Production area variables.
- Maintain good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly as required.
- Ability to occasionally lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours daily, exclusive of breaks.
- Ability to walk, squat, bend, and reach overhead as needed.
- Ability to reach, grasp, twist, push and pull in order to manipulate product, materials, and/or machinery.
- Ability to detect quality defects in product structure and seams.
- Ability to see so as to perceive depth, texture, and observe close detail.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, odors and dust.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond to directions