We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
230 East F Street Tacoma, WA 98421
Responsibilities and Duties
- Negotiating and analyzing vendor offers to increase profits
- Building and maintaining good relationships with key suppliers
- Analyze past buying trends
- Forecast demand and balance purchases to said demand
- Viewing the overall process with a business mindset
- Organization, accuracy and timeliness of purchase order placements
- Minimizing waste, overstock and supply problems
- Inventory control management
- Communicate between departments and stores to provide order information, answer questions, resolve problems
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualifications- 3+ years’ experience in purchasing and/or inventory control, plywood and sheet goods experience required.
- Education Qualifications- prefer bachelor’ s degree and/or purchasing experience
- Skills- Problem solver, detail-oriented, excellent customer service skills, outstanding communication and negotiation skills, critical thinking and decision-making skills
Benefits and Perks
- Full-Time Team Members are eligible for the following benefits: Health Insurance with a Health Savings Account option, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company Match, Supplement Insurance (Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Accident and Cancer Insurance), and Vacation.
- The Opportunity - This is a new position and product category for our location in Tacoma. We will be looking to you as the candidate to build this division from scratch with the support of our experienced team. You will have the support of our systems and other divisions to get you off to a great start. If you believe you have what it takes to grow a division from the ground up-we would like to talk!