We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Payroll Lead / Manager
5015 Business Park Blvd. 4th floor Anchorage, AK 99501
OPTI STAFFING GROUP IS HIRING
Opening: Payroll Lead / Manager
City: Anchorage, AK
WHO THEY ARE:
A rapidly growing local Native Corporation with multiple subsidiaries that has positioned themselves in the top of oilfield service providers. There has been a boost in production, and they need to accommodate the demand. There are currently seven openings in their accounting department, and they expect to see more growth through the year.
WHAT YOU’ LL DO:
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 5, 000 employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and
terminations is accurate and timely
- Supervise payroll staff, including payroll supervisor and payroll specialists
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Personally process weekly paychecks for Executive staff
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing
- Partner with HR and benefits in aligning and implementing a more sophisticated payroll and benefits system
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union)
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
WHAT’ S IN IT FOR YOU:
DOE up to $100, 000
Highly competitive benefits package
Flexible full-time Schedule (Monday-Friday)
Permanent position within a large organization offering growth and advancement
Fun, fast paced work environment
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- 3-5 years experience managing a multi-state payroll department, including staff
- Extensive knowledge of ADP
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance
- Must be a team player
- Must be highly organized
Just hit the “ Apply” button above and you’ re half-way home!
Or, send your resume to [email protected] or call 907-222-7006 and we’ ll set up a time to meet!