We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Patient Care Coordinator - Seattle
Seattle, WA 98101
Medical practice in downtown Seattle seeks experienced Patient Care Coordinator to be the face and voice of our practice. In this highly visible front-desk role, you are critically important to patient’ s first and ongoing experience.
As Patient Care Coordinator you will be responsible for patient welcoming and scheduling, ensuring accurate patient demographic and insurance information, and maintaining an efficient and on-time appointment schedule. You are responsible for insurance pre-authorizations, and general support of the billing process.
What You Will Be Doing
• Handle all front desk responsibilities, including daily open/close office, greeting patients, waiting room management, and processing initial paperwork.
• Check-in patients, review and ensure accurate demographic information
• Oversee flow of waiting areas, monitor patient wait time, and ensure patient satisfaction.
• Compile new patient packets. Communicate proactively with patients through secure portal and ensure all paperwork completed and received prior to appointment.
• Insurance pre-authorization for procedures and visits. Help new patients plan for first visit by ensuring all required paperwork are received prior to appointment, i.e. insurance information and referrals as needed.
• Amazing customer service - answer patient’ s questions thoroughly; show empathy for patients’ experience.
• Optimize the practice’ s daily schedule, ensuring the practice schedule is efficient. Proactively schedule waiting or urgent patients into available spots.
• Log incoming charges/payments/correspondence.
• Third party follow-up and A/R payment posting: actively follow-up with and coordinate
payments from third party payers. Ensure that all third-party and self-pay payments,
adjustments and denials are posted to facilitate timely and accurate management of A/R
• Proficiently use our clinic’ s electronic medical record system.
• Communicate directly with patients about payment. Provide all financial information with professionalism and compassion.
• Support financial clearance for upcoming procedures and treatment cycles – tight coordination with treatment schedule is mandatory.
• Communicate accurately and concisely displaying excellent patient service and interpersonal skills.
• Order office supplies and contribute to smooth operation of the office
• Ensure the confidentiality of all patient records. Maintain patient files and database according to HIPPA regulations
You Need To Have
• At least two years of relevant experience (or directly related education) including:
-bookkeeping or accounting
-Medical terminology and coding
-Medical insurance processes including medical posting, billing and problem resolution
-General office procedures
• Strong skills in office computer applications including electronic medical records software, Google suite, Excel and scheduling software
• Competent with medical terminology
• Knowledge of third-party insurance
• Must be well organized, independent, and able to multitask efficiently.
• Forward-thinking with a take-charge attitude to solve problems
• Strong and efficient communication skills
• Work well with rest of our professional team members
• Consistently model the organization' s philosophy of customer service and patient safety
• Strong desire to contribute to a unique, highly-performing medical endeavor
As part of our complete compensation package, we offer meaningful work, generous time off and benefits, transportation benefits, medical coverage and competitive compensation. We are committed to a positive work environment that values its employees.