524 2nd Ave #500 Seattle, WA 98104 US
City: Seattle, WA
WHO THEY ARE:
We are a comprehensive law firm based in Seattle, providing guidance to a diverse clientele in areas such as business, land use, real estate, litigation, and bankruptcy and creditors' rights. Our distinctive culture revolves around principles of respect and genuine concern, reaching not only our employees but also extending to our valued clients and their teams.
We advocate for a perspective that goes beyond limiting legal choices to either/or scenarios and instead embrace the enriching power of “and thinking." This mindset propels us beyond the realm of merely providing excellent legal services. It empowers us to pursue what we are passionate about and establish elevated standards for our interactions with clients and the community. In essence, our firm's capabilities, the expertise of our people, and the value they deliver are heightened by nurturing their passions and establishing authentic, innovative, and meaningful connections with clients. This approach is integral to the strengthening of our ties with the community, businesses, and clients. It serves as the driving force behind our continuous self-challenge and embodies a philosophy that propels us to deliver our best work. This commitment stems from our desire to transcend conventional norms and consistently broaden the vision of what a law firm can and should be.
Our dedication to community is unwavering. We actively promote all team members to collaborate with organizations that hold personal significance for them. Additionally, many of our attorneys contribute pro bono services to support community organizations.
Discover the personalized attention and responsiveness characteristic of a small firm, coupled with the extensive knowledge and expertise typically associated with larger firms. In a legal landscape marked by mergers and a pursuit of growth for its own sake, our attorneys firmly believe that practicing law within a smaller setting can yield more fulfilling and meaningful experiences. Through a collaborative approach to legal projects, we stay well-informed about the firm's affairs and those of our clients. This teamwork-centric model enables our lawyers to cultivate interdisciplinary expertise at every level. We have fostered a unique working environment wherein all attorneys maintain a vested interest in the firm and its business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We are actively seeking a Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Paralegal with a minimum of five years of pertinent experience to join our accomplished Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Team. We envision the ideal candidate as a collaborative team member ready to take charge of client cases/files, engaging in direct communication with clients and staff to ensure a smooth transition throughout their cases. This role involves conducting research, preparing court briefs and other documents, collaborating with team members and clients on strategic approaches, and providing advisory services to clients.
- Processing, drafting, and filing bankruptcy and receivership-related documents.
- Reviewing, processing, and analyzing bankruptcy and receivership claims.
- Gathering information from creditors, debtors, trustees, and court clerks.
- Interview clients and keep them informed of progress made with their cases.
- Obtaining credit reports and writing Proofs of Claim.
- Conducting due diligence on companies and individuals on bankruptcy-related issues.
- Submitting legal documents to the Courts promptly.
- Assisting in case management, intake and processing of claims, communications with creditors, calendaring, and monitoring case deadlines.
- Maintaining hard copy files, as well as filing and monitoring cases on electronic platforms.
- Communicating with clients on a very regular basis.
- Working cooperatively with a team of attorneys, legal assistants, and legal support assistants on cases.
- Attend staff, firm meetings, and firm events, as required.
- Answer, screen, and respond to phone calls.
- Assign basic scanning, copying, filing, printing, mail preparation, binder preparation, and other basic administrative office tasks to Legal Support Assistants.
- $75,000-$95,000/year to start
- This is a hybrid position, expected to be in the office one day a week, on average
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health reimbursement account
- Cafeteria plan
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Sick and safe leave
- Parking/transportation subsidy
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); undergraduate degree or some college is beneficial.
- BA/BS and/or paralegal certificate a plus.
- A minimum of five years of Paralegal work experience with a specialization in bankruptcy is strongly preferred, experience in Chapter 7 – 11 bankruptcies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, as well as national, federal, and state-specific bankruptcy procedures as well as receivership laws and procedures.
- Extensive experience in preparing legal documents related to bankruptcy and receivership cases.
- Experience in the electronic filing of cases on the U.S. Federal Bankruptcy and State Court Electronic Case Filing System.
- Ability to conduct legal research and due diligence; keep clients informed, and adhere to submission deadlines.
- Ability to perform large volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organizational, recordkeeping, and communication skills.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational abilities.
- Strong research and report-generating skills.
- Superb proofreading and editing skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Able to collaborate as part of a team, but also work independently.
- Familiarity with Best Case, Microsoft Office 365/2016, 3E, or other timekeeping software.
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to Jeff Miller at [email protected] NOW to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as this week! Or just give us a call at (206) 456-3684!
Meet Your Recruiter
I am born and raised in the Seattle area, and have never lived anywhere else. My wife, daughter, and I live in Renton, which is a perfect location for us. We live near all our friends and family, and we love taking advantage of all that the Northwest has to offer. Like the rest of my family, I graduated from the University of Washington, and am a huge Huskies fan. Most of my free time is spent spending time with my family, but besides that, I am a big Mariners and Seahawks fan (Bring back our Sonics!), and I coach high school basketball, which is a passion of mine. I love helping kids develop both on and off the court, and find it very rewarding to see former players as they get older and grow into young adults. Since graduating from college, I have had a number of jobs, but none that I really loved – until I started at Opti. The amazing culture that has been established is what I’ve been looking for. I love being able to help so many people – the satisfaction that comes from making that perfect fit drives me to work every day. I work with the best team, and I love coming to work and learning more each day.