10831 E. Marginal Way S. Tukwila, WA 98168 US
Opening: Operations Manager
City: Tukwila, WA
WHO THEY ARE:
We stand as the premier solution provider in North America for power management, electro-mechanical, and rotating assets. We cater to a diverse clientele from various industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
Top-notch electric motor and generator repair, as well as Power Management solutions, are delivered daily. Working with us offers you the opportunity to learn from industry experts and tap into your full potential while being an integral part of a successful team that upholds our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Operations Manager is responsible for driving continuous improvement & Customer Satisfaction by managing the deployment of the operational framework. Lead and/or support Continuous Improvement Process Solution, including customer satisfaction, quality, safety, productivity and employee relations in an Electric Motor and Generator repair facility. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the management of supervisors, Leads, technicians, equipment, and materials to achieve both daily and long-term production goals. This is a highly visible, high impact position where a successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a decisive role in the future success and growth of the organization.
- Direct the hourly workers to work safely and actively participate in all site-specific safety audits, incident reports, training, JHAs, LOTOs, housekeeping and inspection activities.
- Encourage, support, and enable shop staff through servant leadership while listening to and taking input from the skilled workforce and fostering teamwork – building a strong, cohesive culture between Management and Union hourly employees.
- Be an effective communicator who possesses the experience and people skills to keep the team focused on the customer and continuous improvement in the processes, skills and team performance that differentiates us from the competition.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate hourly labor requirements on the shop floor to support the incoming tear downs, inspections, production repair jobs, and field service jobs.
- Participate in the day-to-day management and own the labor component to participate in planning the labor to support the production schedule, taking into consideration overtime rush jobs and vacation schedules.
- Be cross trained in the other functions of the management team duties and is responsible for labor, consumable supplies, and cost control.
- Develop and evaluate project specific work plans and customer communication reporting requirements.
- Assist to coordinate customer job inspection visits to ensure work is being safely performed to schedule and specification.
- Ensure that all customer requirements such as inspections, data collection, and delivery of materials are being met.
- Assist customers performing service center certification audits.
- Utilize familiarity with the Collective Bargaining Agreement to drive teamwork, manage performance, and continue to improve Management and Union relations to form a high functioning service team.
- Lead the continuing development of the quality program by adding support and development of documentation, work instructions, and process standards where needed and improving existing processes.
- Support quality focus on jobs deemed high risk due to their complexity, infrequency, or skill set of the team.
- Lead the effort to improve key customer facing metrics: (quality, time to quote, approval to ship and ship to invoice) as well as other key metrics: (safety, margin performance vs. work plans, labor utilization, direct and indirect costs).
- $90-120k per year, DOE
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k w/ Employer Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And more!
- Experience in an electric motor repair shop
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or Manufacturing Management preferred
- 10+ years of total production or maintenance management experience or equivalent
- Experience with union workers
- Knowledge of machining and mechanical repair of rotating electrical components
- Experience with generator and/or motor repair or related product lines preferred
- MS Office Suite and production MRP system experience
- Exposure to continuous improvement operating cultures preferred (Lean, 6S, Safety, High Engagement Work Systems)
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to Jeff Miller at [email protected] NOW to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as this week! Or just give us a call at (206) 456-3684!
Meet Your Recruiter
I am born and raised in the Seattle area, and have never lived anywhere else. My wife, daughter, and I live in Renton, which is a perfect location for us. We live near all our friends and family, and we love taking advantage of all that the Northwest has to offer. Like the rest of my family, I graduated from the University of Washington, and am a huge Huskies fan. Most of my free time is spent spending time with my family, but besides that, I am a big Mariners and Seahawks fan (Bring back our Sonics!), and I coach high school basketball, which is a passion of mine. I love helping kids develop both on and off the court, and find it very rewarding to see former players as they get older and grow into young adults. Since graduating from college, I have had a number of jobs, but none that I really loved – until I started at Opti. The amazing culture that has been established is what I’ve been looking for. I love being able to help so many people – the satisfaction that comes from making that perfect fit drives me to work every day. I work with the best team, and I love coming to work and learning more each day.