We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Night Shift W/H Supervisor
Auburn, WA 98001
Warehouse workers receive and coordinate the distribution of materials, tools, equipment, and products. They primarily unload and load shipments with Forklift, maintain inventory, and a clean, optimally functioning warehouse. Attention to detail, accuracy of work, and commitment to safety are crucial.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads customer, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Receives shipments by processing paperwork, checking contents, and moving materials from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas using a forklift, hand truck, or rolling cart
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
- Compiles worksheets or tickets for customer specifications
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department
- Marks materials with identifying information
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed and maintains inventory records
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards
- Uses computer to enter records and compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications
- Performs daily cycle counts, locates and identifies inventory adjustments and errors.
- Responsible for attending all safety training and meetings, being aware of and complying with up-to-date OSHA and company safety policy
- Performs routine maintenance on tools used including cleaning and checking to ensure proper functioning, and notifying a supervisor of larger repairs or malfunctions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE ' High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Forklift Certification preferred
LANGUAGE SKILLS ' Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
CUSTOMER INTERACTION SKILLS – Ability to communicate effectively with customers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, and solve customer issues in a timely manner.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS ' Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
OTHER SKILLS/CERTIFICATION Forklift Certification preferred SX.e Navigation, Warehouse Transfer, Work Order, Reports, Inquiries, Formal and Web-based training SX.e training sessions are available.
REASONING ABILITY ' Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS' The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 75-100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT' The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and requires the proper use of safety equipment such as protective eyewear, earplugs, hard toe shoes, etc